• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

This (broken) website

BenedictGomez

Does anyone know why this website goes down every other day & remains down for hours?

I'd PM Nick & ask, but I'm pretty sure he now lives on some remote Pacific island with no internet connection.

thebigo

Does anyone know why this website goes down every other day & remains down for hours?

I'd PM Nick & ask, but I'm pretty sure he now lives on some remote Pacific island with no internet connection.

Thought it was my connection. The community has a wealth of knowledge and deserves a functional forum. May be time to relocate if the alpinezone admin cannot maintain a functioning site.

p_levert

Completely agree. It makes no sense that this thing goes down constantly. For $10/month you can have plenty of bandwidth with a commercial service.

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
Completely agree with all the above. I was under the assumption that the added downtime was due to additional traffic as the season is just around the corner.

The site Northeast Mountain Sports (link isn't working...sigh) was started by an Alpinezoner but I don't remember who exactly. I've checked in from time-to-time but it just doesn't get the same traffic we get here. It is something we all should bookmark in case AZ goes dead entirely.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
I'm working with the host, the flapping just started a few days ago. The host has had spotty service for a while (Jaguarpc) and i've been intending to swap hosts but it's been more complex than I anticipated.

from_the_NEK

Website
fineartamerica.com
Nick...
tenor.gif

For real though, thanks for keeping the lights on! :thumbup:

BenedictGomez

I'm working with the host, the flapping just started a few days ago. The host has had spotty service for a while (Jaguarpc) and i've been intending to swap hosts but it's been more complex than I anticipated.

Good to hear, thanks.

Also glad to hear you're not in a Communist Chinese prison.

Dickc

Deadheadskiier is also over on K Zone a bit, so when I have a question about AZ, I message him and usually get an answer in a few hours. His general answer is "Nick's working on it".

MEtoVTSkier

And yet another couple days of the site taking a dump Sunday-Monday. Time for Nick to sell it to someone with more passion for it like he had in the beginning.

p_levert

On Sunday afternoon I thought "wow, the website has been up continuously for a good month". Then, boom, down it goes for two days.

I like this forum. There's no excuse for the horrible uptime performance.

jimmywilson69

serious question.

Is this entire forum cloud based? In 2019 this isn't hosted on a computer in Nick's closet, right?

AdironRider

And according to that announcement that switch should have occurred by now.

Same old story.

AdironRider

Nick makes money directly off of all of us here. This isn't a charity so why would I donate?

It is his prerogative to host it how he sees fit, but he did pay money for it, and we all enjoy it here, so it seems silly to just let it waste away due to a lack of caring.