• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Guns are set up on Rime!

drjeff

Fan guns being setup on the Superstar cam. Not sure if they'll even stockpile tonight as it's going to pour on Monday.

Given that they have roughly 7 weeks until snow control check by the FIS, unless they really want to see what the Summer work on the system they did, my guess with that forecast for Monday is that they're not turning them on tonight.

We're close, but K still has a ton of time to get Superstar ready

skifree

bet they light the guns up tonight.
not going to last but good test run and marketing.
plus give new snow makers a bit of training.

Zand

If they were somehow able to pull off Sunday, I would go. But whether they do that or are just messing around itll all,be gone Monday.

KustyTheKlown

i like your enthusiasm, but there's no damn way they open anything this weekend.

whiteface and tremblant both posted a dusting of fresh snow on their peaks this morning :)

slatham

killington facebook has the guns on rime at full blast, and all chairs are on the cable.

Just saw that on Twitter. Well I was wrong - thought they would wait until mid-month, a more substantial cold snap, and a better forecast. It's very aggressive but then I guess that's the point. The beast is the BEAST!

PS: Guns on SS Headwall. Check the cam. It's beautiful.

Rogman

Mike Solimano announced last Monday that the chair would be ready the 9th. That's Wednesday! Probably the load test occurs early this week, get the approvals, and boom! Nice job by Jeff Temple: taking down the old lift in the snow, and working around the Bicknell's Thrush issues to have the lift ready on time. As for the snow making, I expect they got a little production over-night, and even if most of what they are doing is merely watering the lawn, it shows they're committed and ready! I like it. And it's not a small "test" patch, it's a significant effort: guns on Rime, Superstar headwall, and the 4 temporary fan guns on Preston's Pitch. And yeah, it'll all melt away, so what? Any October snow, open or not, takes that risk.