• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Guns are set up on Rime!

slatham

Models finally showing some significant cold in the longer range. The last week of October looking like the real deal. The storm late this week might bring some high elevation snow but it does not bring in a significant cold snap unfortunately. Yes they may be able to get the guns going but it does not look like enough to open. Could be close. And it warms up again (though they might not care).

Looking at maps I'd say Saturday or more likely Sunday, October 27th is a better shot at opening day for K and others.

Smellytele

Just looked at the k webcams and the top looks all white and superstar and ovation are white above the last cutoff between the 2

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

slatham

Finally some cold showing up, run to run and model to model, for next weekend. Unless it speeds up, looks like Sunday the 3rd for opening.

Last edited:

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
Forget about opening...isn't it time to start bitching about how K isn't top-to-bottom yet? Or do the naysayers come out around now and say there'll be no time to make snow for World Cup?

To be honest, ever since I've been a Killington passholder (a few years now) I'd prefer to see them wait for a cold enough window to get open rather than see them blow a couple of nights only to have it melt away. Snow not made now can be made on Vertigo later...or Devil's Fiddle for the people who still believe that'll happen with the current pipes on that trail now :lol:

JimG.

Staff member
Forget about opening...isn't it time to start bitching about how K isn't top-to-bottom yet? Or do the naysayers come out around now and say there'll be no time to make snow for World Cup?

To be honest, ever since I've been a Killington passholder (a few years now) I'd prefer to see them wait for a cold enough window to get open rather than see them blow a couple of nights only to have it melt away. Snow not made now can be made on Vertigo later...or Devil's Fiddle for the people who still believe that'll happen with the current pipes on that trail now :lol:

My thoughts exactly.

Last season the big snow in November was a rare gift. Interested to see how things play out if the start of the season is slow.

slatham

Finally some cold showing up, run to run and model to model, for next weekend. Unless it speeds up, looks like Sunday the 3rd for opening.

Sorry, but it's not often I get it right. But my forecast from last Sunday was pretty good IIMSSM.

Here's another. There will be a mini powder day before they hit day 7.

drjeff

Sorry, but it's not often I get it right. But my forecast from last Sunday was pretty good IIMSSM.

Here's another. There will be a mini powder day before they hit day 7.
Looks like a good chance of that.... And places that wait until next weekend to spin their lifts for day 1, *may* start the season with said mini powder day...

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using AlpineZone mobile app

machski

Will post an actual after I get a few runs in. Looks like guns off on Rime and Reason this morning, but they are running on Upper Eastfall and Great Northern off the Gondola into North Ridge and SS for the WC build down to the top of Preston's.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using AlpineZone mobile app

machski

So here's today's K update. Rime is ok, bit hard and ball bearingish but skiers left is nice and soft. Woodward park on Reason just opened, nice setup if your into that. Upper Eastfall not yet open, still gunning there and started moving towards GN off top but not fully fired up yet. No way you are skiing down to start the weekend as nothing has been started beyond Rime. New quad very nice.IMG_20191104_100605.jpgIMG_20191104_100538.jpgIMG_20191104_100426.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 using AlpineZone mobile app