Dave
    11/12 Season 13
    12/13 Season 17
    13/14 Season 22
    14/15 Season 30
    15/16 Season 24
    16/17 Season 32
    17/18 Season 10

Yes, the shots I saw on NE Ski Industry showed the guns out, with the Haul Rope up and spliced but no chairs hung. I would guess K still needs 1-2 weeks more to hang them, test out the systems, load test and get the certification from the tram board. I would think that gives them a ready date right around mid October, allowing for a typical mid to late run if Ma Nature cooperates. I wonder more what type of a cluster F the base of the K1 is going to be and lodge for day 1.

Sent from my SM-T830 using AlpineZone mobile app

Per photos on Kzone Chairs are being hung, and lift is being powered by electric for that operation. Also someone said Jeff Temple said the lift will be ready by 10/9.
    2019-2020

TBD

Quote Originally Posted by jimmywilson69 View Post
    Per photos on Kzone Chairs are being hung, and lift is being powered by electric for that operation. Also someone said Jeff Temple said the lift will be ready by 10/9.
    Just as an FYI, the only time that lift, or basically any lift, runs on anything but electric is when the auxillary diesel is in use.

If you're smelling diesel as you near the terminal with the drive motor and there's not a snowcat or 2 in the immediate area, chances are that the lift is running on auxillary, and you won't be riding it too much longer than day
    '07--08 season: 51 Days, '08-'09 season: 55 Days, '09-'10 season: 41 Days, '10-'11 season: 49 days, '11-'12 season: 40 Days '12-'13 season: 57 days, '13-'14 season, 60 days '14-'15 season 60 days, '15-'16 season 52 days, '16-'17 season: 50 days, '17-'18 season 52 days, '18-'19 season 45 days '07-'19 seasons: 612 Days

'19 - '20 season:

Not entirely true. Modern chairs can be ordered with 2 APU drives. The Secondary diesel is usually sized appropriately to power the lift at near design speed. While the second (the real emergency APU) is much smallet an just long enough to evacuate the lift. This is why there are some chairs that (the Sugarloaf Superquad comes to mind) that have operated on diesel for days on end when they have lost power or there is an electric curtailment. Keep in mind you cannot continue to load the lift with only a single drive available. This is whennthe multiple APUs come in.

Sometimes ski areas use diesel to lower peak electric demand. Often pricing per kilowatt hour for the entire month is based on peak demand.

(double post delete)

Quote Originally Posted by Newpylong View Post
    Not entirely true. Modern chairs can be ordered with 2 APU drives. The Secondary diesel is usually sized appropriately to power the lift at near design speed. While the second (the real emergency APU) is much smallet an just long enough to evacuate the lift. This is why there are some chairs that (the Sugarloaf Superquad comes to mind) that have operated on diesel for days on end when they have lost power or there is an electric curtailment. Keep in mind you cannot continue to load the lift with only a single drive available. This is whennthe multiple APUs come in.
    Can't you also order hydraulic drive backups that can be hooked up to a groomers hydraulics that can also be used for emergency evacs? Or do you have to decide on one OR the other option...

I have heard of such a thing, I believe it would need to be an option at time of build.

Stratton ran Ursa off diesel at the end of 17/18 IIRC. There was some issue with the electric drive that was an extensive fit. They wanted to wait until the off season to address it. This was according to a an employee I spoke with at the base of the lift one weekend.
    SoVT

Thread Information