• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Big Sky Lodging

Hi all,
It's time to plan our Western ski trip and this year it has the makings of an epic trip. This year we plan to spend a few days in Utah, then drive North to Jackson Hole then on to Big Sky for the bulk of the trip, total of 10 days.
What I'm seeking is lodging advise for Big Sky. Can anyone offer any recommendations?

Thanks in advance,
David

PS: Between our group we have Ikon, Mountain Collective and Gold passes from Sunday River(Boyne)

catskillman

Huntley Lodge. Great location and the breakfast is very good and substantial

abc

First, you need to decide between hotels vs condos.

On mountain hotel choices are pretty limited. Big Sky Hotel, Hudley, Lodge at Big Sky. That’s about it. All are nice. All are expensive. You get what you pay for.

Condos can spread all over the place. Location, condition etc. many of them ski-in but not necessarily ski-out.

Down in the valley, Bucks T-4 is one of the popular choice. It’s pretty good. The shuttle bus stops right there.

If you have the dates nailed, book early to get a decent price.

Pez

i stayed at the Huntley last winter. It was rustic and had that old school lodge feel. not cheap, but cheaper than the grand summit.

machski

There are some new options opened this winter down in Town Center (off mountain just a touch). Not sure what you are looking for, but there is a new Residence Inn from Marriott down there that I'm showing availability at $289/nt average in late February for a King Studio. As a Residence, it will have a Kitchen with at least a range top and micro (description says oven too but I don't see one in their photo gallery so may be a combo convection with micro), plus the Residence breakfast and midweek light dinners in the common area.

Sent from my SM-T830 using AlpineZone mobile app

bushpilot

I picked up a 1 bedroom on AirBnB for 70 a night. Ski in, 10 min walk to lift and on the shuttle route.

AdironRider

I just stayed at the Huntley a month ago and the place was old and shitty, but slopeside and allowed dogs.

They literally have a sign in every room saying they are "historic" so here are some free ear plugs to compensate.

I'd spring for the Grand Summit otherwise try and score an Airbnb.

1dog

There are some nice log cabins and options on VRBO if you have a posse of people. Stayed at a 10-12 bed log cabin on the Gailtin ( sp?) River just off access road - $350-$450 a night, great views and kitchen, same with Jackson with many more choices.

We are looking at same trip in reverse - great road trip.