• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Camelback “Aspen like”

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
Did I read that right that it would cost $20K-$38K per week? If I could afford that, I certainly wouldn't be spending it in the Poconos!

1+ Especially for a timeshare .....Maintenance fees included ?
15 buildings with 7 homes each ? . Not very clear as to how the time is divided ? Are the single homes full time ownership ?

camberstick

Delusional developers. Drivng by shacks just down the street for the full pocono experience

ghughes20

Did I read that right that it would cost $20K-$38K per week? If I could afford that, I certainly wouldn't be spending it in the Poconos!

Reminds me of the condos at the base of Mountain Creek. Who's buying those? MC is a day trip distance for millions of people in the NJ/NYC/PA area. Anyone south of that would be better off at Snowshoe. North of the area is better in upstate NY or VT.

What's next, condos at Mt. Peter?

deadheadskier

Staff member
Reminds me of the condos at the base of Mountain Creek. Who's buying those? MC is a day trip distance for millions of people in the NJ/NYC/PA area. Anyone south of that would be better off at Snowshoe. North of the area is better in upstate NY or VT.

What's next, condos at Mt. Peter?
Actually you would be surprised. My boss lives in one of the MT Creek condos. He commutes to his office in North Jersey from there. A lot of his neighbors do the same. They live out there because there are a number of good golf courses in the area, it's a pretty scenic place to live and the resort has very nice pool and health club facilities with affordable memberships.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app

x10003q

Time shares are the worst vacation/real estate scams. The resale market for time shares is essentially zero. It is interesting that the poorly written article avoids using the term 'time share'.

BenedictGomez

Time shares are the worst vacation/real estate scams.

Yup. It's shocking that in 2019 people are (apparently) still buying them. You'd think after X number of years the word would be out & everyone would know this.

I for one, am, however, grateful, as it leads to one of the best travel deals, buying cheap timeshare weeks from the people who've been suckered.

VTKilarney

Timeshares are an especially bad investment in the era of condo-hotels and AirBnB.