T4T ..........Toast - Page 2

AlpineZone

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    They had a format change a couple years earlier that seemed to be a turning point for traffic . Sad part is the loss of info for first timers to Tucks . Being a flatlander and not knowing the areas I would never have known about all of the dangers ( Ice fall areas to avoid, undermined areas ect.) that can get you into trouble if you're not cautious or just not familiar with above treeline dangers.

Quote Originally Posted by abc View Post
    I would miss it IF it goes away. And I hope it won't.
    I just looked and am amazed to find I've been here for 15 years.

This forum has been shot at and beaten to death and it still survives.

"shot at and beaten to death"?

I guess there's history I didn't know about.

As the admin of another forum, I can tell you that if member can self police, behave like adults, don't specifically look for trouble, it makes a difference.

Don't make work for the mod and then if the forum is marginal (profitwise) the admin may leave it going longer.

I still think, for skiing, forums have something that facebook doesn't. But I am clearly in the minority on that.

I like forums. I can see posts in the order they appear. I'm not subjected to some algorithm that thinks it's showing me what I want to see. I probably sound like an old dude.
    SoVT

The whole point of internet is we get to choose what we read/hear/listen/watch, instead of some big media company deciding what their audience want to hear/read...

But with the consolidation, we're back to a few big "social" media company deciding what we want to hear/read...

I think for those of us who prefer forums because we want to do what we want rather than being force fed, we're unfortunately a minority. The rest of the population all went to Facebook & Twiter etc.

Thread Information