T4T ..........Toast

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

T4T ..........Toast

http://www.timefortuckerman.com/foru...discussion-tux

Sad to see this Forum die . It was a great resource for me years ago on my first trip to Tuckerman . The last few years there was virtually no traffic .
    "Make Greenland Green again"

Wow end of an era.

I made some life long friends from T4T.. So there's that

Wow. That is a surprise.
    Live, Ski, or Die!

not really, that forum has been beyond dead the last few years......they were lucky if they got 2 posts a month.

Internet forums have been dying a slow death for the past 10 years.

A victim of Facebook, I'm told. Though I can't say I quite understand.

How long will THIS forum last? There hadn't been a whole lot of traffic during the off-season (summer). But even during ski season, its traffic is sporadic. Long period of little to no activity even in winter.

In the mean time, the cost of running the forum isn't exactly cheap, especially in terms of admin labor. It's not a very profitable proposition for the owner.

Quote Originally Posted by abc View Post
    Internet forums have been dying a slow death for the past 10 years.

A victim of Facebook, I'm told. Though I can't say I quite understand.

How long will THIS forum last? There hadn't been a whole lot of traffic during the off-season (summer). But even during ski season, its traffic is sporadic. Long period of little to no activity even in winter.
    Im not privy to the traffic numbers here, but Vail buying Peaks was a shot of summer adrenaline by my observation. We dont get that every summer.

Agree winters are slower than, say, three years ago. Id sure miss it if it went away but were not at the T4T stage yet.

I was up at Wildcat / Pinkham Notch this past weekend. I haven't skied Tucks since I think 2002 but I remember getting on that forum way back then.
    Free Stickers - e-mail your address to nick@alpinezone.com.

Check AZ out on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Vimeo and Google+

Get AZ on your mobile phone!

Yep, not much going on there recently. I hit their "slackfest" at the snowfields in 2011. I hiked and skied Tucks the next day. What a great Memorial Day weekend. I'll never forget everyone discussing their weekend plans at work. I was asked what I was doing, when I said skiing, the reply was, water skiing?

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using AlpineZone mobile app
    Leave no turn unstoned!

Quote Originally Posted by Edd View Post
    I’d sure miss it if it went away but we’re not at the T4T stage yet.
    I would miss it IF it goes away. And I hope it won't.

I'm just saying many other forums had gone away! Telemarktips, epicski, and a bunch of non-skiing forums I used to frequent. One whitewater forum is on its last leg: for sale, but with only like 1 post in the past month (this is prime season for whitewater, mind you)!

Even forums I still belong to and participate in, traffic has been trending down for the last few years. Some forums I admit I abandoned due to lack of interesting post to read. As a consequence, no participation from me, which doesn't help to bring up traffic. It's a vicious cycle, one poster a time.

Thread Information