• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Proposed 6 pack and 8 seater coming to NH soon??

Smellytele

At Waterville the removal of the northside double with no replacement would make me want to ski there even less. Also why not move the detachable to Sunnyside.

machski

So, the 8 seater replacing the Kanc quad I am sure has a lot to do with the Kanc lift is suppose to take over for Seven Brother's duties with the bike park in the near future. Ramcharger at Big Sky is already used for both so I'm guessing Loon would get D-Line at Kanc as well, with underground chair/carrier storage possible as well. Still, Loon really needs to finish off South Peak first to finally give it its own true gateway portal and more importantly, give Loon a premier learning center. But maybe the bike park is taking priority.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using AlpineZone mobile app

deadheadskier

Staff member
At Waterville the removal of the northside double with no replacement would make me want to ski there even less. Also why not move the detachable to Sunnyside.
If we're gonna play musical chairs with Waterville, move the detachable to the new Peak, keep Sunnyside as is and then replace Northside double with the old WC triple that no resides on Green Peak.

Most surprising thing about any major lift infrastructure changes at Waterville is that the Sununus have had it for sale for at least a couple of years. Thought they wanted out.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app

Smellytele

If we're gonna play musical chairs with Waterville, move the detachable to the new Peak, keep Sunnyside as is and then replace Northside double with the old WC triple that no resides on Green Peak.

Most surprising thing about any major lift infrastructure changes at Waterville is that the Sununus have had it for sale for at least a couple of years. Thought they wanted out.

Well I don't care about green peak as it is not very interesting:grin:. The sunnyside pod has the best skiing on the hill. I go to Northside to hide from the crowds, Well when there used to be crowds. They never seem to have any now. Usually ski on maybe 5 min wait at the quads.

Last edited:

deadheadskier

Staff member
Well I don't care about green peak as it is not very interesting:grin:. The sunnyside pod has the best skiing on the hill. I go to Northside to hide from the crowds, Well when there used to be crowds. They never seem to have any now. Usually ski on maybe 5 min wait at the quads.
I agree, the Sunnyside is the best terrain. But that would be a very short detachable. I haven't skied the new terrain, but it looks like a much longer lift ride than Sunnyside. Figure it would be a better fit for a detachable and the result would likely be less crowding on Sunnyside.

machski

No way in hell is anything happening with the current White Peaks Express than being scrapped. It is one of only 3 early Pomas like it left running in North America (I think Stevens pass and Fernie may have the other 2). That thing will not get moved or sold.

machski

That's a crapload of upload capacity (8-pack, quad, and overflow from the gondola trails) onto like 10-12 trails.
Yes, but they may order it with less chairs than a full complement (probably will order with a full comp of carriers, but some are bound to be bike carriers vs chairs for the bike park). I've heard rumors they want to upgrade the Gondi to an 8 box in the next half decade too. Still shocked this is even on the proposal before South gets finished.

thebigo

How old is seven brothers? Wonder if it gets repurposed to the south peak beginner area.

machski

How old is seven brothers? Wonder if it gets repurposed to the south peak beginner area.
I suppose it could as it has a carpet loader too. The South Peak expansion was suppose to be two new FGQ with carpets and I'd think they would stick with that. The original plan when Seven Brother's was suppose to be upgraded to HSQ was to move the triple and replace East Basin double. Would think they would still look to do that, though that was not in the NFS permit proposal.

shwilly

That's a crapload of upload capacity (8-pack, quad, and overflow from the gondola trails) onto like 10-12 trails.

For real.

Has anyone ridden an 8-pack before? I've never seen a chair bigger than a 6-pack. I'd prefer a gondola/tram for 8 or more. I have to think most trail pods would be overwhelmed with the traffic from a high speed 8.

EPB

For real.

Has anyone ridden an 8-pack before? I've never seen a chair bigger than a 6-pack. I'd prefer a gondola/tram for 8 or more. I have to think most trail pods would be overwhelmed with the traffic from a high speed 8.

Never been on an 8 pack, but I despise trams due to their low capacity.

machski

For real.

Well, Big Sky has one and it works very good but they have ample unload room and trails off Andersite for it. Loon would have to do work at the unload for the Kanc to up it to an 8. It can get crowded in the unload area now just from the Quad. And again, I seriously doubt they have a full complement of Chairs, just not enough carrying capacity there for a full capacity boost. I expect a mild increase and I think the 8 vs a 6 is for the mountain bike park and bike carriers likely to be ordered.

Keelhauled

Big Sky's eight is rated for the same 3600 pph that most six packs are. The advantage is that the chair spacing is greater, so in theory they're easier to load. Supposedly resorts have trouble getting people to load six packs at 3600 pph already and the actual capacity shakes out to more like 3200.

machski

Big Sky's eight is rated for the same 3600 pph that most six packs are. The advantage is that the chair spacing is greater, so in theory they're easier to load. Supposedly resorts have trouble getting people to load six packs at 3600 pph already and the actual capacity shakes out to more like 3200.
Not only that but Big Sky's 8 has a carpet load to keep folks sequenced correctly to the chairs as well.