Did I buy the wrong skis?? - Page 4

AlpineZone

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    I discovered one thing about big fat skis in the bumps..the good bumps not the ice mounds..you can just glide over them as if they aren't there..
    Lets go!
    I'll drive.

Quote Originally Posted by kingslug View Post
    I discovered one thing about big fat skis in the bumps..the good bumps not the ice mounds..you can just glide over them as if they aren't there..
    You mentioned this last year and pretty much everyone disagreed with you. I still dont get it. "Big fat skis" are terrible in moguls. They're pretty much the opposite of what you want. The best mogul skis are relatively short, and have a very tiny waist underfoot.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

Well..have they ever tried it? So lets say your in Jackson cruising around on a powder day on you fat boards and come across a huge mogul field..Jackson has tons of them. What do you do? I cruise right through them. Regardless of that fact that everyone says it can't be done. I do it all the time out there. Are you doing them "the correct way"..whatever that is..no. But it works for me and is a lot less work. At Stowe last year when it dumped a person I was skiing with who was a very good bump skier said " you dont turn much" Well I don't have to today.
    A lot of people out west use these fat skis ALL the time. They get through everything no problem..I ski with them a lot..and they are pretty damn good. I'm just happy to keep up with them. Its where I learned to ski this stuff.The East is different..super hardpack and ice moguls do not like fat boards at all.

Lets go!
    I'll drive.

Thread Information