• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

And The First To Open In The Country Is...

Zand

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]https://www.arapahoebasin.com/snow-conditions/

8 days until the day Killington opened last year. Next week's forecast doesn't look promising but hopefully soon!
[/FONT]

p_levert

haha, way to go A-Basin! Keystone doesn't really have the right exposure and altitude to play in this game. But they do have Vail-bucks to spend on snowmaking. Score a victory for the rebellion!

KustyTheKlown

nice. i posted in the vail/peaks thread. i LOVE how a-basin pulled the trigger on TODAY minutes after keystone announced for tomorrow.

this is usually all in good fun, but this one feels more pointed given the circumstances and the players.

KustyTheKlown

nice. i posted in the vail/peaks thread. i LOVE how a-basin pulled the trigger on TODAY minutes after keystone announced for tomorrow.

this is usually all in good fun, but this one feels more pointed given the circumstances and the players.

cdskier

Wow...well played A-Basin! Opening from 3:30PM-5:30PM today and announcing just after Keystone says they open tomorrow. That is without a doubt them giving Vail the middle finger.

dblskifanatic

We dropped our skis at Epic Mountain Gear to get tuned and while at the shop we heard they opened for two hours beating out Keystone. Soooo, out came the old spare skis, hand tuned them and loaded up the truck. Now sitting in the mug club line at 6:30 in the morning and will join the masses for WROD. This will be our earliest day skiing beating last year by a day. However there will never be a better first day then last year.

BTW Someone mentioned that Keystone cannot compete - their snowmaking system is amazing.and they will open more terrain faster that anyone else by November.

IMG_1570884707.275013.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone