• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Hunter's "D" lift

jg17

Have they hung all the new chairs? I had heard that there was a Partek double chair on the line back in the spring but it since disappeared.

I'm glad it's getting an upgrade though, the light chairs swinging in the wind always made it feel a little sketchy to me. It would be nice to see a replacement (perhaps upgrade B to a detachable and relocate the current B to D?), but good to see the investment anyway.

KustyTheKlown

yea thats a bummer. i would have loved a double chair for $100. dont even have a place for it. it would be a 'hey dad hold this in the garage indefinitely' type thing.

cdskier

They're triples and you wouldn't believe how big they are! I got a Double from the old "Y" line on the west side and I needed a trailer to transport it.

Yea, you really don't realize how big those chairs really are until you buy one and pick it up! I have a double from the old Valley House chair at Sugarbush and couldn't believe how how tall it was (and how heavy it was). It fit in the bed of my pickup (barely), but I also only needed to transport it about a mile from that point.