• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What is the most challenging glade trail here in the East coast?

Tonyr

I love this guys videos and his whoops. Seems like he has posted videos of the hardest runs at just about every major northeastern resort, which I have found invaluable for pre-scouting unfamiliar runs just to make sure I won’t be getting in over my head.
Yes I've enjoyed watching a bunch of his videos too, he is a very good skier. Here's his run on Exterminator Woods to give you some perspective on how insanely good the other guys is. His attempt took more than 5 minutes longer than the other guy.

https://youtu.be/HPZsLC8nvmg

Sent from my SM-T820 using AlpineZone mobile app

bdfreetuna

I have found invaluable for pre-scouting unfamiliar runs just to make sure I won’t be getting in over my head.

It certainly is nice to have some idea what you're getting yourself into. I usually ski alone and have a habit of ducking into unknown woods, but I do not enjoy getting in truly over my head. This guy gets in slightly over his head all the time and seems to enjoy it. Hope MyBadVideos continues to expand his "body of work" :beer:

kingslug

I guess I just don't like going 5 mph through dense woods..Kind of the opposite of what I do. Rather fly down a steep bowl. To each his own.

Tin

I guess I just don't like going 5 mph through dense woods..Kind of the opposite of what I do. Rather fly down a steep bowl. To each his own.

mens-it-must-suck-to-ski-like-you-t-shirt-18362-80-3062.jpg

bdfreetuna

my people were persecuted for 5000 years

Let me guess, you come from a race of 3 foot tall humanoids periodically referred to through the epochs by names such as "gnome", "midget", "George Stephanopoulos" and "Munchkin (Lollipop Guild)"?

bdfreetuna

This kid did a great job on the video IMO. 5 of the different chutes between Paradise(Sugarbush) and Church. I always end up on Chute #3 when I'm trying to get to #4... I shall be better prepared next time!

KustyTheKlown

i never really know what is what beyond paradise. i know where to access the church from the hike to castlerock, but once i get into the woods past paradise i feel like ive never skied the same line/chute twice. would love a gps map with some lines drawn in...

bdfreetuna

I'm watching the video again and again. This is certainly highest threshold eastern terrain, and the accessibility is unrivaled. These chutes + castlerock are a real draw for me every spring. I like skiing this kind of stuff in corn snow and save my Sugarbush days for late season.

Simply beautiful terrain and a couple of these chutes are very difficult and technical. Somebody earlier mentioned not liking 5 MPH techy skiing. Sugarbush Paradise chutes are just before limit of where difficult starts to become un-fun. Everyone has a different bar... for me I'd say Pico's "Busted" crosses that line. But Paradise chutes are right up there with the most heavenly terrain I've ever skied, East West or anything.