Your Favorite Glade/Tree Runs - Page 3

AlpineZone

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    I'm assuming this is an on-map thread:

Gore - Chatiemac, Chatterbox, Twister

Jay Peak - Andre's Paradise, B.P.G., Bushwacker (dont laugh, it makes me feel good about myself), Canyonland, Kitz Woods

Smuggs - Bermuda, Docs, Shakedown
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

M favorites:

Everglade at Jay and also everything out of bounds to skiers right of Timbuktu up to and including the Dip.

Goat woods at Stowe.

Chattiemac at GORE
    form is a 4 letter word

Quote Originally Posted by crank View Post
    Everglade at Jay and also everything out of bounds to skiers right of Timbuktu up to and including the Dip.
    You got me curious with the Dip there. Looks pretty nice but as I suspected they were heading toward the road and end up there. The video ends at a parking lot which looks vaguely familiar but I haven't skied off the back of Jay -- so do you have to hitch a ride from there or can you ski the side of the road all the way back to Stateside?

Quote Originally Posted by bdfreetuna View Post
    You got me curious with the Dip there. Looks pretty nice but as I suspected they were heading toward the road and end up there. The video ends at a parking lot which looks vaguely familiar but I haven't skied off the back of Jay -- so do you have to hitch a ride from there or can you ski the side of the road all the way back to Stateside?

Need to hitch a ride or at least I had to whenever I did it. Well had a hung over buddy who didn’t ski that day pick us up

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone
    2010/11 - 30days 2011/12 - 29days 2012/13 - 40 days 2013/14 - 39 days 2014/15 - 42 days
    2015/2016 -27 days 2016/17 - 51 days 2017/18 - 57 days 2018/19 - 75 days

You can ski all the way out to where the Dip drops off to the road and still make it back to the Jet chair. It's about a half mile back to the area if you ski out to the road. That last face down to 242 is a great pitch. You can ski, well really walk back with your skis on, along the side of the road. We have always been picked up by passing locals so have never walked more than halfway back without getting a ride.
    Last edited by crank; Oct 24, 2019 at 8:37 AM.
    form is a 4 letter word

Accidentally ended up at the road with a fellow Azer 4-5 years ago. Within about 5 minutes of walking someone in a pickup truck picked us up. Great skiing out there

Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app

the dip drops you onto 242. if you ever stay in montgomery and approach from that side, you'll see the tracks and where the people traverse the road back towards stateside base.

Quote Originally Posted by KustyTheKlown View Post
    the dip drops you onto 242. if you ever stay in montgomery and approach from that side, you'll see the tracks and where the people traverse the road back towards stateside base.
    Seen that on the way up to Big Jay Tavern and back. So does The Dip dump you out on the same spot on the road as Big Jay? Always just assumed those were Big Jay skiers in that spot.

do you have to hitch a ride from there or can you ski the side of the road all the way back to Stateside?
    What a lot of folks will do is drive together & take 2 cars. You ditch one car in one of the roadside "lots", then continue on to Jay. You both ski down to the road for last run, get in the "ditched" car, then drive to the car parked at Jay Peak.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

Seen that on the way up to Big Jay Tavern and back. So does The Dip dump you out on the same spot on the road as Big Jay? Always just assumed those were Big Jay skiers in that spot.
    i've only skied the dip, not big jay, but my understanding is that they dump out to the same/similar points along 242

Thread Information