• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Opening day in the northeast

Zand

From their Facebook page:

Berkshire East will be open for skiing and snowboarding this Saturday and Sunday. Making snow on Mohawk, Outback, Big Chief, Deer Run, Bob Cat! Ski sale is this weekend, drop off is Saturday, pick up is Sunday. Midweek pricing in effect. $45 for adults, $35 jr/sr

Wow...didnt even know they were making snow,nevermind opening this early. Good for them.

Cutting out of work early tomorrow and hoping to be at Wachusett by noon. Looks like a nice sunny day in the 40s then snowmaking temps return Saturday. Opening with Conifer, Challenger, Ralph's, Indian Summer and Ollies. They've also started making snow on 10th, maybe that opens later this weekend?

JimG.

Staff member
K was pretty good today. They had enough open to keep it intersting until 3. The best was on old bunny buster where the guns were on. It was better than expected and the peak restaurant was open. This weekend will be a zoo..that i gaurantee..

Good day yesterday Ira!

I was happy with what they had open. Best snow was on the old Mouse Trap with FIS a close second. Short pitches but good fun.

Love my new Kore 93's perfect for me. They even held a decent edge on Upper Downdraft at 2pm when it was nothing but boilerplate and hardpack.

jimmywilson69

Its Official Ski Roundtop in Southcentral PA is officially opening with 1 lift and a J-Bar. Has to be the earliest opening ever. Certainly in the last 20 years I've lived in Central PA

cdskier

Just saw Jay announced an earlier opening than scheduled - now opening November 22nd instead of the original November 29th date.

slatham

Its Official Ski Roundtop in Southcentral PA is officially opening with 1 lift and a J-Bar. Has to be the earliest opening ever. Certainly in the last 20 years I've lived in Central PA

Skied roundtop as a kid. They open after Christmas more than they open before December 1!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jimmywilson69

They sure do! And That really sucks! When it colds they can lay down some snow with their system. This is still unprecedentedly early.

They are opening with basically no services (No ski school or rentals) because I don't think they are staffed yet! :lol: :spread:

ERJ-145CA

Mountain Creek is going to have a hike park this weekend on Sugar Slope if you're into walking up and hitting some rails. Not my thing though.

If Belleayre opens this weekend I might go there on Thursday, though they're website doesn't have an opening day yet.

Sent from my SM-G970U using AlpineZone mobile app

JimG.

Staff member
Was up at Belleayre today. A lot going on up there. Deer Run is blown pretty well from the top to past the hill after the bridge over the access road to Overlook:
B2.jpg
But the base area near the gondola has a few inches of natural only. The lower lodge is undergoing a lot of renovation; we wandered into the construction site to see what's up and were greeted by a project manager who asked us to wear hard hats if we wanted to look around. I just wanted to get my season pass which they of course just mailed to me. So we went up to Overlook lodge and noticed the new quad chair from the base lodge up to the Overlook area:
B1.jpg
Hope it's faster than the two slow doubles it replaces. I'll never ride it but a needed upgrade.
The bad news is there is a lot of construction left to do and I just got the email that they won't open until 11/29.
But Gore is open so I might go there on Sunday.

ScottySkis

Was up at Belleayre today. A lot going on up there. Deer Run is blown pretty well from the top to past the hill after the bridge over the access road to Overlook:
View attachment 25578
But the base area near the gondola has a few inches of natural only. The lower lodge is undergoing a lot of renovation; we wandered into the construction site to see what's up and were greeted by a project manager who asked us to wear hard hats if we wanted to look around. I just wanted to get my season pass which they of course just mailed to me. So we went up to Overlook lodge and noticed the new quad chair from the base lodge up to the Overlook area:
View attachment 25579
Hope it's faster than the two slow doubles it replaces. I'll never ride it but a needed upgrade.
The bad news is there is a lot of construction left to do and I just got the email that they won't open until 11/29.
But Gore is open so I might go there on Sunday.

Gh
Yeah so glad to go up drive by Hunter and eat great lunch at my dad favorite spot for food and cheese in Tannersville
Yes definitely understand why Bell not really ready to open.
Glad to go and always friendly workers around