Opening day in the northeast - Page 8

AlpineZone

Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Okemo is about to say - Game On this Friday !!

sweet. hoping that thins the herd at killington some, but they are two different pass products.

if okemo is t2b and under $50, i'll be slightly annoyed that i bought my k ticket already. argh to dynamic pricing and no more bogos.

Quote Originally Posted by 2Planker View Post
    Okemo is about to say - Game On this Friday !!
    Right after they put up a Facebook event for first chair on November 22?
    2018-19:
    Killington: 10/20, 11/15, 5/4, 6/1
    Okemo: 11/16, 11/22, 11/24, 12/2, 12/15, 12/16, 1/25, 1/26, 3/8, 3/9, 3/23, 3/24
    Stratton: 11/23, 12/3, 2/22, 3/3
    Sugarbush: 12/1
    Catamount: 12/31, 1/19
    Mohawk: 1/21
    Stowe: 1/24
    Jiminy Peak: 2/9
    Mount Southington: 2/16
    Mount Snow: 2/23
    Pico: 3/2

Yeah, bummed on the jump from $35 to $55 at K (and no BOGO). Do we know if the price can possibly get any more "dynamic" than the $59 list price for this weekend? For $4 I would probably just wait until I get there. It's early November after all. A Lot can happen between now and Sunday.

yea i didnt realize the $55 was discounted from a window price of just $59 when i bought it. my recollection was that early season was always about $80 and with the BOGO you came in around $40. i'm going this weekend either way (girlfriend's mom is visiting from tennessee and really wants to see vermont since we talk about it so much - i'm glad there will be snow on the ground for her to see), and didn't think there'd be any other vt option, so i pulled the trigger and prepurchased.

if okemo offers up more vert at less money, i will feel a little meh, but i will get over it

Looks like a great week for snowmaking ahead. Forecast for Killington Peak:

forecast.jpg

Based on a lot of commentary (mostly from Tim Kelly who is very reliable), the current pattern is hyper active and quite unstable. A warm surge has entered the picture for Sunday/Monday now that wasn't in the mix even 12 hours ago. Tomorrow's storm keeps getting drawn down and won't do too much to help now except keep the dew point up with marginal temps during the majority of it (IE, hurts snowmaking efforts).

Sent from my SM-T830 using AlpineZone mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by machski View Post
    Based on a lot of commentary (mostly from Tim Kelly who is very reliable), the current pattern is hyper active and quite unstable. A warm surge has entered the picture for Sunday/Monday now that wasn't in the mix even 12 hours ago. Tomorrow's storm keeps getting drawn down and won't do too much to help now except keep the dew point up with marginal temps during the majority of it (IE, hurts snowmaking efforts).

Sent from my SM-T830 using AlpineZone mobile app
    That's a bummer, but we can't get our hopes up too high during the early season. At least we went from no snowmaking temps a week ago to an outlook that looks pretty good for snowmaking. I'll take whatever natural snow we can in November, but last year was an anomaly. I'll be happy if this month just gives the resorts consistent snowmaking temps so that they can start to build the base.

Attitash to run friday am to sunday shutdown then resume monday. Long way to opening for them though.

Quote Originally Posted by Newpylong View Post
    Attitash to run friday am to sunday shutdown then resume monday. Long way to opening for them though.
    What's your guess on opening for wildcat? You still at whaleback?
    The true happiness of a man can be found in the mastery of his passions.

Thread Information