• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Opening day in the northeast

JimG.

Staff member
I used to ski half of Hellgate at Hunter ..then walk in the mud to the F lift just to get early turns in...

I remember a Fall day years ago riding F lift holding my skis and then running off the lift at the top.

mister moose

So who's blowin?
K, SR and ?
The webcam at Wildcat looks like they could be on Lynx but it could also be a smudge on the camera...
Sugar Mountain Resort received a dusting of snow overnight, an opening date has not been determined. If possible, we expect to open on Sunday.Snowmaking is in progress as temperatures allow.

Sugar Mountain, NC.

crazy

Fingers crossed for K on Sunday! Though I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being Monday.

SR is already making snow TTB. I'm hoping that by next weekend with the cold temps at the end of next week that SR can get true TTB skiing, that would be excellent.

I just checked the Wildcat webcam too and it looks like they might be blowing at the very top of Lynx? Not quite sure.

FBGM

It’s snow “making”

Blowing is what a cheap hooker does

Get yer wording and vocabulary correct.

p_levert

K snow report:

SNOW REPORTER'S UPDATE
November 02 2019 - 04:01 pm
The time has come, snow fans, The Beast is kicking off the 2019-20 ski and snowboard season on Sunday, November 3 at 11:00 a.m.

As always, day one is reserved for our most loyal guests—season pass, Express Card and IKON Pass holders. Express card holders will pay $25 for opening day access. Ticket and Guest Service locations at K-1 and Snowshed will open at 9:30 a.m., as will K-1 and Snowshed food and beverage locations.

We plan to open to the general public on Monday, November 4 from 9:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m., weather permitting.

Ticket prices on Monday will be $59 for adults, $50 for seniors and $45 for youth. Express Card holders will save $50 off those prices.

MEtoVTSkier

hasn't killington already made BOGOs available by now in past seasons? i like using the bogos for my earliest season days instead of using much more valuable ikon days

The early season 2 for 1 deal we have run in the past has been replaced by more convenient online tickets—visit the Killington E-Ticket Store to purchase in advance for the best pricing.

They closed the multiple email address players down.

GregoryIsaacs

Looks like mount snow has awaken their snowmaking on north face. I'd assume they are looking for a Friday opening. Hopefully they will have too to bottom with no walking required!