• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Opening day in the northeast

drjeff

Looks like mount snow has awaken their snowmaking on north face. I'd assume they are looking for a Friday opening. Hopefully they will have too to bottom with no walking required!
Making snow up on Cascade as well based on the picture my wife sent me this morning from our condo up there!24477.jpg

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using AlpineZone mobile app

icecoast1

Looks like mount snow has awaken their snowmaking on north face. I'd assume they are looking for a Friday opening. Hopefully they will have too to bottom with no walking required!

Saturday seems more realistic. Good snowmaking weather moves in Thursday. They'll probably need more than one day of run time to open. From the looks of the webcam today they only had a few guns going up top on the north face and nothing down low.

FBGM

Sorry I hurt people’s feelings because I talked bad about their favorite ski area.

Even tho I mumble on in a crude and unusual manner, almost everything i post is true. Not just making stuff up or posting random lies. Might be hard for some simpletons to grasp this.

ScottySkis

I think because you not most positive posts vherw
Just a guess
For me I not trying to band people for that reason.
I just annoyed at owner who let's just place dying and constantly lying about it and I that what I done with much here.
If I could copy epic Roxbury NY hill
And Mj then I have even less to come to AZ for.
This makes me annoy
I generally now moving on to other ski fourms

Zand

Wachusett is teasing Sunday on their Instagram. Nov 10 would be their earliest opening since 2002.

Looks like 48 straight hours of snowmaking Friday morning through Sunday morning (plus perhaps 6" of natural Friday morning). Warms up into the low 40s for 2 days then next week looks insanely cold by November standards, many straight days of mid 20s if the pattern comes in as modeled.

The Sneak

I’ll be at Wa Sunday AM if it happens, prob just Challenger and or Ralph’s, I’m guessing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ThinkSnow

Wachusett ski patrol is having their annual lift evacuation training on Sunday Nov 10th at 7am, so it is highly doubtful they will be opening.

KustyTheKlown

sweet. hoping that thins the herd at killington some, but they are two different pass products.

if okemo is t2b and under $50, i'll be slightly annoyed that i bought my k ticket already. argh to dynamic pricing and no more bogos.

flakeydog

Yeah, bummed on the jump from $35 to $55 at K (and no BOGO). Do we know if the price can possibly get any more "dynamic" than the $59 list price for this weekend? For $4 I would probably just wait until I get there. It's early November after all. A Lot can happen between now and Sunday.

KustyTheKlown

yea i didnt realize the $55 was discounted from a window price of just $59 when i bought it. my recollection was that early season was always about $80 and with the BOGO you came in around $40. i'm going this weekend either way (girlfriend's mom is visiting from tennessee and really wants to see vermont since we talk about it so much - i'm glad there will be snow on the ground for her to see), and didn't think there'd be any other vt option, so i pulled the trigger and prepurchased.

if okemo offers up more vert at less money, i will feel a little meh, but i will get over it

machski

Based on a lot of commentary (mostly from Tim Kelly who is very reliable), the current pattern is hyper active and quite unstable. A warm surge has entered the picture for Sunday/Monday now that wasn't in the mix even 12 hours ago. Tomorrow's storm keeps getting drawn down and won't do too much to help now except keep the dew point up with marginal temps during the majority of it (IE, hurts snowmaking efforts).

Sent from my SM-T830 using AlpineZone mobile app

crazy

Based on a lot of commentary (mostly from Tim Kelly who is very reliable), the current pattern is hyper active and quite unstable. A warm surge has entered the picture for Sunday/Monday now that wasn't in the mix even 12 hours ago. Tomorrow's storm keeps getting drawn down and won't do too much to help now except keep the dew point up with marginal temps during the majority of it (IE, hurts snowmaking efforts).

Sent from my SM-T830 using AlpineZone mobile app

That's a bummer, but we can't get our hopes up too high during the early season. At least we went from no snowmaking temps a week ago to an outlook that looks pretty good for snowmaking. I'll take whatever natural snow we can in November, but last year was an anomaly. I'll be happy if this month just gives the resorts consistent snowmaking temps so that they can start to build the base.