• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Dog friendly lodging?

JimG.

Staff member

1dog

Gee, I have left my Samoyed both in the car and outside in a snow bank. He loves 5 below - I just assumed other cars would be understanding - they are animals after all - and always had water for him no matter what - never had an issue. Sugarbush, Wildcat, etc.

In summer if warm, put the top down and park in shade - he stays. Wouldn't do it where I thought he could be harmed or stolen, tend to trust people - so far - has worked out - been doing that for 25 years with two pups. . . . but everyone has an opinion how others should live and treat their tribes I guess. Just doesn't occur to me to smash a sunroof - if it were hot or I saw a kid I might call the authorities, stick around till they arrived.

As for parking too close - we've all had it happen to us. Maybe self driving will cover that in a few years. . . . but hey, take a chill pill and climb in the passenger side. I've had to do that a few times.

Unfortunately from where I come from, some are so proud of themselves in those modes they had a bumpa sticka "MASS***HOLE"

Sure it gives the northern NE locals warm fuzzies as they travel up I89, I93,I95 et al.