• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Holiday Valley going epic or ikonic?

jimmywilson69

Maybe they're going to open this weekend?

Nice hill. Decent glades and copious amounts of lake effect. The town is very nice reminds me of a New England town

Worth a trip from the northeast? Nah... a good time for locals yeah

Sent from my SM-G930V using AlpineZone mobile app

p_levert

Maybe they're going to open this weekend?

Doubt it. HV has never been very aggressive about opening early. I do think they have decided to affiliate with either Ikon or Epic, and it's certainly possible that the resort has been sold.

KustyTheKlown

epic would make a lot more sense than ikon for them. too far from the rest of the ikon portfolio in the east. i would think they want a western ny vail feeder hill.

jimmywilson69

would've been cool to have them on Epic. I've been there a few times, My wife grown up skiing there and her family lives in Erie. I'd definitely go there again and it'd be better if I could do it without having to buy lift tickets :lol:

Killingtime

would've been cool to have them on Epic. I've been there a few times, My wife grown up skiing there and her family lives in Erie. I'd definitely go there again and it'd be better if I could do it without having to buy lift tickets :lol:

Indy Pass? Anyway, 7.5 hours from me. Rather be in Jay, N/H or Maine for that amount of driving.