Winter time what hills will AZ people go to this season - Page 3

AlpineZone

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
    Unfortunately with an infant I either need babysitting nearby or ideal near-mountain lodging, so I'm probably going to be confined to:

Jay Peak
    Magic
    Mont Sutton
    Smuggler's Notch
    Stowe
    I wouldn't consider that list too confining!

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey View Post
    I wouldn't consider that list too confining!
    We'll live, but it's far fewer places than we normally get to. Plus no West trip.

My wife's family lives close enough to Smuggs, Stowe, JP, and Sutton that we can get "free" family babysitting.

With Magic, there's a lodge right on top of the hill that would be really convenient to stay at. I figure we can buy 1 lift ticket & each ski a 1/2 day while the other person stays in the lodge watching TV & babysitting. I've read that's what lots of people with infants do.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

I figure we can buy 1 lift ticket & each ski a 1/2 day while the other person stays in the lodge watching TV & babysitting. I've read that's what lots of people with infants do.
    Oh, so theft of services doesn’t apply?!?
    Last edited by ThinkSnow; Nov 8, 2019 at 10:53 PM.
    Sugarbush skier since 1985.........Think Snow!

Quote Originally Posted by ThinkSnow View Post
    Bretton Woods actually sells tickets for this...

Family Interchangeable Tickets are available at any ticket window, Mom and Dad may purchase two identical alpine lift tickets at the single-ticket price. Only one may be used at any given time. Regular full-day daily ticket pricing applies.
    I'm sure it's possible other mountains do too...

Boyne pass, so Mostly the River, a trip or three to Loon and the loaf. A day or two at Bretton Woods, Mt Abrams, Black mt of Maine.
    lovin life,

Bob

Have Ikon base pass.

Hoping to get my 5 days at Sugarbush and Killington/Pico. Possibly hit Loon and Sunday River and Stratton as well.

We are spending NYE in Quebec (brrr) and then skiing Mont Ste. Anne and Le Massif for a day each.

Steamboat for a week in January.

Jackson Hole for a Week in February.

Mellow skiing week in Italy's Dolomites at Val di Fassa in March.

May meet a friend out in SLC at some point.
    form is a 4 letter word

Quote Originally Posted by Dickc View Post
    I have a Friday December 13 date with my back surgeon (kind of fitting day). This will be winter number 2 off the skis as my November of last year surgery did not do enough to clear me up. I am hoping that 20-21 will be a good year of skiing for me.
    I lost 2007-2010 with an ACL and other knee and life issues. I also lost a season as a kid due to a broken hip. I feel ya.

Also lost 02-03 due to shoulder surgery. ugh.

I bought the Epic local passes this year and have so far planned Hunter, MRG, Stowe, Jay Peak, Keystone, Breckenridge, Vail, and Beaver Creek. We are going to do a trip in April as well at an epic resort in UT, CA, or Whistler in that order weather dependent. Sound be a fun year!

Tony

Quote Originally Posted by ThinkSnow View Post
    How is that theft of services?

It's still 1 person skiing all day & it's a husband & wife doing so solely for infant-care. And at least the hill makes money in this case rather than the hill making 0 money.

Theft of services is when the guy takes the lift ticket & sells it in the parking lot at noon for $25, which takes $$$ directly out of the hill's pocket.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

How is that theft of services?

It's still 1 person skiing all day & it's a husband & wife doing so solely for infant-care. And at least the hill makes money in this case rather than the hill making 0 money.

Theft of services is when the guy takes the lift ticket & sells it in the parking lot at noon for $25, which takes $$$ directly out of the hill's pocket.
    If the ticket specifically says it is non-transferable (as most do), then he's right that it is technically theft of services. It doesn't matter whether or not you get money from it. If you give your ticket to a stranger in the parking lot it would be the same thing.

Same reason you can't share a season pass even if there's only one person using it at a time.

Thread Information