Winter time what hills will AZ people go to this season - Page 5

AlpineZone

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
    Parents of newborns sharing a ticket is so commonly done I didnt even know it's not allowed at some places. Which I suspect it really isn't if the policy will never be enforced. Good luck handling that PR thermonuclear bomb!

But besides the potential PR nightmare it's just stupid business to not let parents of a newborn ski on a lift ticket for infant care. The money from selling 1 lift ticket & a couple of lunch meals is better than $0.00.

No, because that would simply be a lie.

Could you buy a Senior ticket if you "tell them" you're 70 years old? No, because that would simply be a lie.
    As a couple who had a baby last year, we were provided no benefits or discounts. I asked if we would be able to share a pass and was unequivocally told 'NO'. Sharing of pass is not allowed.
    We may have been able to get away with it on a day-to-day basis, but Peak/Mt. Snow absolutely said it was not allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by abc View Post
    Anyway, how is it typically done? Do you just go to the ticket office and ask them to please take the ticket off your jacket and put it on your wife's?
    Brand new parent here, so it's not like I've made a scientific study of this, but I know there are quite a few mountains that have "parent's passes" or "skiing with baby" passes or WTH each individual mountain calls it, and yes, it works much like you describe.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcb890 View Post
    Peak/Mt. Snow absolutely said it was not allowed.
    You know how this could be made an almost universal policy? Get SKI Magazine to write an article about it & list all of the mountains which currently do offer it. In any event, if some parent somewhere makes a big social media stink about it, I imagine this could change hearts & minds quickly. Look at what Backcountry.com is currently dealing with & how much money that negative press is costing them.
    Last edited by BenedictGomez; Nov 13, 2019 at 11:49 AM.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

Never did it when my kids were babies. At the places that offer the pass is it more than 1 adult ticket?

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone
    2010/11 - 30days 2011/12 - 29days 2012/13 - 40 days 2013/14 - 39 days 2014/15 - 42 days
    2015/2016 -27 days 2016/17 - 51 days 2017/18 - 57 days 2018/19 - 75 days

Parents of newborns sharing a ticket is so commonly done I didnt even know it's not allowed at some places. Which I suspect it really isn't if the policy will never be enforced.
    Why should ski areas give new parents the privilege of skiing on one pass, simply because you decided to breed??
    Sugarbush skier since 1985.........Think Snow!

Quote Originally Posted by ThinkSnow View Post
    Why should ski areas give new parents the privilege of skiing on one pass, simply because you decided to breed??
    Why would ski areas give older people who the privilege of skiing on cheaper ticket simply because they got old?

Notice the word "would" instead of "should". If you can't tell the difference, you're not cut out to run a business.

Quote Originally Posted by Smellytele View Post
    Never did it when my kids were babies. At the places that offer the pass is it more than 1 adult ticket?
    None that I am aware of, it's 1 interchangeable ticket, which makes sense since it cant be abused that way.

You seem pleasant.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

Personally I would have never even thought to ask about the possibility of sharing a pass/ticket just because I had a newborn. I'd also wager a guess that far more resorts don't allow it than those that do allow it.

Why should ski areas give senior discounts?
    Why should ski areas give discounts for 18-29 year olds (sub-30)?
    Why should ski areas give discounts for kids' lift tickets?

This reminds me of people who get upset about parents getting time off from work or other benefits, time off, etc.
    Perhaps they fail to understand that human-kind needs to reproduce to continue to exist on this planet.

For those who decide to not have children, that's fine. I will never bad-mouth that decision or talk down to someone for making that decision. However, the decision to not have children doesn't also mean that those who do have children should get no benefits or extras, etc. That argument upsets me and I see it often.

None that I am aware of, it's 1 interchangeable ticket, which makes sense since it cant be abused that way.
    Like I said, I think we might have been able to get away with sharing a Peak Pass last year... however, if a lifty saw the photo didn't match and obviously the person is male vs. pass-holder female (or visa versa) they could have easily turned us down or taken it away. Figured it wasn't worth the headache and we actually made it work to get some days in.

Not a great situation though honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcb890 View Post
    Why should ski areas give senior discounts?
    Why should ski areas give discounts for 18-29 year olds (sub-30)?
    Why should ski areas give discounts for kids' lift tickets?
    Point being, ski area have the freedom to offer discount to whoever and whenever. It's a business. It can choose to offer discount to attract ANY underrepresented demographic to boost business!

New parents are just one such demographics. They don't have as much time. They're probably feeling a bit of financial pinch. So if a mountain choose to make it extra appealing to ski for them to ski in THAT mountain, they're free to do so!

It's pretty obvious with the other discounts as well.

If it's good for business, other mountain will follow (especially if it's publicized in social media or ski magazines). But any mountain is free to NOT follow suite if they feel it's not worth the hassle. Example, Vail resort does NOT offer a senior discount on the Epic Pass!

Thread Information