Except for Killington-very weak effort to get open - Page 5

AlpineZone

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogman View Post
    Feel bad for the Mt Snow peeps. Previous years they'd make top notch early season effort. Yesterday from Killington Peak it was clear there was a lot more snow on the north face of Stratton than Mt Snow. I get that its a business, but Vail may need to learn the ways of the locals. POWDR had to, and after some serious missteps, have become excellent stewards of the mountain.
    You said it. Vail doesn’t care about locals. Vail cares about profit and bottom line. Mount Snow is finally going to get run like a real resort. Might take many years before it looks like one. But get used to change it’s here. And for the better.

Quote Originally Posted by thetrailboss View Post
    That's Vail's MO. Welcome to the Epic family.
    Funny out here Vail is going after the early and late season by opening Keystone early and closing Break later. My guess, they will never compete with Killington but I bet they will find the right opportunity. This their first go around with these resorts.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Quote Originally Posted by FBGM View Post
    You said it. Vail doesnít care about locals. Vail cares about profit and bottom line. Mount Snow is finally going to get run like a real resort. Might take many years before it looks like one. But get used to change itís here. And for the better.
    Maybe?

Thus far in the East, Vail has a small new parking lot at Stowe to their credit for capital improvements. Really haven't done or announced anything other than that so far at their Northeast resorts.

How soon until you think they bury the snowmaking pipes at all the mountains? That's very important ya know.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by dblskifanatic View Post
    Funny out here Vail is going after the early and late season by opening Keystone early and closing Break later. My guess, they will never compete with Killington but I bet they will find the right opportunity. This their first go around with these resorts.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone
    That’s a patchwork solution after a-basin told vail to pound sand. a long season was always basin’s culture, vail reaped the rewards

Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
    Maybe?

Thus far in the East, Vail has a small new parking lot at Stowe to their credit for capital improvements. Really haven't done or announced anything other than that so far at their Northeast resorts.

How soon until you think they bury the snowmaking pipes at all the mountains? That's very important ya know.

They should. Looks like shit. Don’t see that garbage anywhere out west. Liability as well. Can’t go back and burry but should from here out. You really got me on that one. What a zinger.

As a passholder for years at Mt Snow they generally dont open till the week before Thanksgiving or Thanksgiving week. The last season or two they did open earlier, it may have been more about showing off the new snowmaking system. I think it was the right call to wait until next weekend to open. It would have been marginal this weekend, they would have had to push out the snow too soon and dont have alot at the base. Not a fan of walking and really want top to bottom. Im not sure Vail had a lot to do with them waiting a week, my son works there and said really nothing has changed.

Not opening had more to do with the cold front a day too late. I do like that when they open they will be open 7 days a week to start (as of now), I'm sure Vail had something to do with this.

They should. Looks like shit. Donít see that garbage anywhere out west. Liability as well. Canít go back and burry but should from here out. You really got me on that one. What a zinger.
    You are quite literally the only person in my 35 years of skiing that I've ever heard/read complain about above ground snowmaking pipe. Hopefully Vail saves the day and alleviates your pipe fear and suffering.

You said it. Vail doesnít care about locals. Vail cares about profit and bottom line. Mount Snow is finally going to get run like a real resort. Might take many years before it looks like one. But get used to change itís here. And for the better.
    And that shows in the East where Stowe dropped to #18 on Ski's reader survey. I suppose Mount Snow will be stopping in near future too. Yup, Vail runs a great ship compared to before!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using AlpineZone mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by machski View Post
    And that shows in the East where Stowe dropped to #18 on Ski's reader survey. I suppose Mount Snow will be stopping in near future too. Yup, Vail runs a great ship compared to before!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using AlpineZone mobile app
    Those rankings mean nothing, fyi.

And if you’re seriously trying to compare Peak Resorts leadership to Vail then lol. You’re on crack.

I am pretty sure I skied Mount Snow on Veteranís day in the 90s. Maybe 1993? I def skied Jiminy on Veteranís Day 1992, half a trail in the pouring rain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information