9% NH Lift Ticket tax - now, back to our show - Page 2

AlpineZone

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 37
  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
    Government NEVER cares about that, because it doesn't have to deal with that.

    SOX regulation is a nightmarish penalty for smaller businesses to ostensibly regulate financial responsibility. Meanwhile the Federal Government can run a debt equal to almost $200,000 PER taxpayer*.

    *I prefer putting it in these terms, because $23 Trillion is an abstract figure to most, and people literally dont understand it.


    Actually almost 50% higher than $200K per person when all liabilities are figured in: https://www.justfacts.com/nationaldebt.asp

    Easy way for people to understand is that if you have a $300K mortgage you'll pay $500K-$600K over the life of the note when interest is imputed.


  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
    Government NEVER cares about that, because it doesn't have to deal with that.

    SOX regulation is a nightmarish penalty for smaller businesses to ostensibly regulate financial responsibility. Meanwhile the Federal Government can run a debt equal to almost $200,000 PER taxpayer*.

    *I prefer putting it in these terms, because $23 Trillion is an abstract figure to most, and people literally dont understand it.
    should be noted that

    "leftist politicians unquenchable thirst for your money & government control"

    aren't the one's primarily responsible for that $200k per taxpayer and growing number right now.

    Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
    should be noted that

    "leftist politicians unquenchable thirst for your money & government control"

    aren't the one's primarily responsible for that $200k per taxpayer and growing number right now.
    Actually they are, though both parties have had presidents that are in the "most guilty" category, so it's really BOTH their faults.

    The all-time champion is the FDR Administration, both the New Deal & WWII expenditures were incredibly massive. FDR is the Wayne Gretzky of debt, his record will never be topped. We'll be Venezuela if it is.

    Wilson was 2nd-worst all-time. Bush II & Obama were both terrible as well, and Reagan's military spending put him up there.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC



  4. #14

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley
    Posts
    3,305
    The number is getting higher everyday, and we happen to have a rightist politician in the Whitehouse. Coincidence?

    Another coincidence, the federal deficit ALWAYS increase when rightist politicians are in the Whitehouse!

  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by abc View Post
    The number is getting higher everyday, and we happen to have a rightist politician in the Whitehouse. Coincidence?

    Another coincidence, the federal deficit ALWAYS increase when rightist politicians are in the Whitehouse!
    Underneath it all, BOTH parties just want to be in control so they can decide how to spend more of the now roughly 4 TRILLION dollar annual budget in ways that augment their re-election chances by in effect "bribing" more of their constituents to vote for them again. Those on the right tend to do this by "giving" voters more of their own money via tax cuts (in reality the voters just get to keep more of money that was their's, not the government's all along) whereas those on the left tend to do this by proposing more spending programs to "give" constituents something and claim that the "rich" don't pay enough.

    The reality is that BOTH parties are "Caucus before country" in their mentalities currently, and BOTH parties have a massive spending problem and refuse to act in adult ways when it comes to the budgeting process since that means they'd have to "take some things away" from their constituents, many of whom feel 100% entitled to various programs they benefit from, and the politicians know if they act fiscally responsibly that their re-election chances PLUMMET!

    Sent from my Moto Z (2) using AlpineZone mobile app
    '07--08 season: 51 Days, '08-'09 season: 55 Days, '09-'10 season: 41 Days, '10-'11 season: 49 days, '11-'12 season: 40 Days '12-'13 season: 57 days, '13-'14 season, 60 days '14-'15 season 60 days, '15-'16 season 52 days, '16-'17 season: 50 days, '17-'18 season 52 days, '18-'19 season 45 days '07-'19 seasons: 612 Days

    '19 - '20 season:

    November: 16.17,23,29,30 (Mount Snow)
    December: 1,7 (Mount Snow)

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by abc View Post
    The number is getting higher everyday, and we happen to have a rightist politician in the Whitehouse. Coincidence?

    Another coincidence, the federal deficit ALWAYS increase when rightist politicians are in the Whitehouse!
    If you read my post that precedes yours, you'll see you're wrong.

    Also, it "ALWAYS" increases regardless of who's in the Whitehouse because it mathematically has to unless a systemic change is made.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC



  7. #17
    I should have mentioned in one of my prior posts that we are financially doomed.

    The day & hour cannot be known, but a reckoning is coming.

    Sleep tight.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC



  8. #18

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley
    Posts
    3,305
    Underneath it all, BOTH parties just want to be in control so they can decide how to spend more of the now roughly 4 TRILLION dollar annual budget
    Thats why I’m a libertarian at heart, but not voting as one.

    There’s never any viable libertarian candidates. But worst of all, the Republican shamelessly claim they’re fiscally responsible when in reality they’re equally Irresponsible, but so many libertarians actually believe that lie! It irks me to no end the so called Libertarians automatically align to the Republican! It’s like being rob blind first, then invite the robber to move into the house!

    Its one thing to have no choice (many of real life suck in that way). But it’s quite a different thing to pad one’s own shoulder on how correct/good that choice is. Like skiing refrozen coral reef and proclaiming that’s powder (here’s back on topic!)

  9. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
    Actually they are, though both parties have had presidents that are in the "most guilty" category, so it's really BOTH their faults.

    The all-time champion is the FDR Administration, both the New Deal & WWII expenditures were incredibly massive. FDR is the Wayne Gretzky of debt, his record will never be topped. We'll be Venezuela if it is.

    Wilson was 2nd-worst all-time. Bush II & Obama were both terrible as well, and Reagan's military spending put him up there.
    Reagan over doubled goverment income with thse two tax cuts - one thing he regretted - not the cuts - but how it grew government - and he ended the Cold War w/o a drop of blood because he rebuilt the 'biggest stick' and USSR went into virtual bankruptcy trying to keep up.

    A strong ecomony after both WWII and Cold War pulled us out of financial trouble temporarily but we have no income problem, we have a spending problem -

    And really folks, its us isn't it? We place or keep them there - US House is the only body who is Constitutionally responsible for spending $$


    Its over-simplified but we have 330 M population; 1/3 under 18, so 200M eligible voters - half are not registered and then only half of registered vote so 25% of adults control who's in office.

    Ben Franklin “When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic.”

  10. #20
    These days hard to be libertarian if those left-leaning social issues require spending.

    Its the damn social issues - legacy costs of Medicare/Medicaid/SS that will end us fiscally.

    Get your point though.

    Imagine this - I'll volunteer paying 40%, just reverse it - 25% to town/10% to state/5% to Feds - guess how many people show up at town meetings?

    Live 'Fee' or Die?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:45 AM.