• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

9% NH Lift Ticket tax - now, back to our show

Killingtime

I’m not reading that as Epic resorts are exempt. It’s saying the Epic Pass itself is exempt. Only taxing lift tickets 1 to 3 days long.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone

Yes, I think you are right Edd. I did enjoy the part about needing a license to sell lift tickets. Most likely translates into another business fee that will increase every year. Ugh

Orca

"New Hampshire Governor Chris Sununu, former general manager of Waterville Valley, has pledged to veto the bill if it reaches his desk."

Thank god someone has some sense.

vesasder

I'd love to see an example of a government that raised taxes significantly and saw an increase in government revenues without damaging business. I'm not talking about a tax of 10-20% on a small number of the uber-rich.

thebigo

I'd love to see an example of a government that raised taxes significantly and saw an increase in government revenues without damaging business. I'm not talking about a tax of 10-20% on a small number of the uber-rich.
At the risk of bumping this thread and giving you far more attention than you deserve. You actually registered for an obscure ski forum for the singular reason of making a political comment on a two year old thread? Go find a politics forum, it is the internet, they are not hard to find.

thetrailboss

Staff member
And since this was bumped, just wondering how ski areas handle this tax in NH (if I am reading it right--that NH applied its hospitality tax to ski tickets). Out here in 2020 Snowbird and Alta "mysteriously" added sales tax to pass products whereas they had not done so before. I imagine it was a decision to cut costs and not absorb that cost anymore. Interestingly enough the BCC resorts do not charge the tax and are in the same county.

eatskisleep

At the risk of bumping this thread and giving you far more attention than you deserve. You actually registered for an obscure ski forum for the singular reason of making a political comment on a two year old thread? Go find a politics forum, it is the internet, they are not hard to find.
Agreed. Don’t feed the trolls

machski

And since this was bumped, just wondering how ski areas handle this tax in NH (if I am reading it right--that NH applied its hospitality tax to ski tickets). Out here in 2020 Snowbird and Alta "mysteriously" added sales tax to pass products whereas they had not done so before. I imagine it was a decision to cut costs and not absorb that cost anymore. Interestingly enough the BCC resorts do not charge the tax and are in the same county.
I have never seen it broken out from a pass or ticket product in NH (or ME for that matter). I know most resorts in VT do that with VT tax.

kbroderick

I have never seen it broken out from a pass or ticket product in NH (or ME for that matter). I know most resorts in VT do that with VT tax.
In Vermont, it must be either broken out or clearly labelled as included. IIRC, failing to do so can result in significant fines (as can over-collecting and under-collecting, even if you do both and the net is right for the total sales in the accounting period).

chuckstah

There is no lift ticket tax in NH. The bill faked, epically.

JaguarZOR

Have you not realized yet that this is all complete nonsense and deception? The government is trying to argue for tax increases so that patriots do not have unnecessary questions. And smart business people understand that the government does not need a tax increase because everything is fine with them anyway. However, they still have little money and want to get more. In contrast, small and medium-sized businesses are very bad from tax increases because their income is falling. I can see from my payment receipts that my income is not growing since the tax was charged more than 2 or 3 years ago. By the way, I usually make payment receipts myself through paystub creator.

Last edited: