• Killington

4 66.67%
  • Sunday River

2 33.33%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Where to go Sunday? K or SR?

Both should be TTB.

SR is slightly longer drive for me.

I think the River will have the better terrain open and fewer crowds. The pitch on Locke/Barker is better than Northridge/Snowdon.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app

Heading to Killington, which is a 2 hour drive for me, vs 4 hours for Sunday River.

Unless the extra drive time is more than a few minutes, I'd go to SR. If I had the option Tuesday I would go there but K will do.
    2003-2004: 21; 2004-2005: 27; 2005-2006: 31; 2006-2007: 31; 2007-2008: 38; 2008-2009: 43; 2009-2010: 42; 2010-2011: 46; 2011-2012: 33; 2012-2013: 26 2013-14: 18; 2014-15: 17; 2015-16: 7; 2016-17: 14; 2017-18: 23; 2018-19

2019-20 days - 6
    Wachusett: 11/15, 11/21, 12/5
    Stratton: 11/26; Mt. Snow: 12/3
    Killington: 12/8

Can you lap the TTB trails at Sunday River, or are you basically lapping the upper half of Locke and there's a sketchy way down for getting back to the lodge at the end of the day?

Quote Originally Posted by crazy View Post
    Can you lap the TTB trails at Sunday River, or are you basically lapping the upper half of Locke and there's a sketchy way down for getting back to the lodge at the end of the day?
    That is a good question, checked the sr forum and the upper looks good but nothing on lower.

We went to k yesterday, likely going to sr tomorrow. Smaller/preferable crowd and some variety. Both are effectively the same drive for us, sr marginally more expensive because they classify a six year old as a youth, not free child like k.
    The true happiness of a man can be found in the mastery of his passions.

The limiting factor lapping SR today was lines, which were apocalyptic at the base of the Locke lift and bad at the midstation. The snow was good, particularly on top, and crowds on the trails weren't too bad. You could lap Sunday Punch top to bottom, but the lift line was really long. Hopefully crowds will be a little lighter tomorrow and they can open the Barker lift soon.

Quote Originally Posted by shwilly View Post
    The limiting factor lapping SR today was lines, which were apocalyptic at the base of the Locke lift and bad at the midstation. The snow was good, particularly on top, and crowds on the trails weren't too bad. You could lap Sunday Punch top to bottom, but the lift line was really long. Hopefully crowds will be a little lighter tomorrow and they can open the Barker lift soon.
    Don't plan on Barker spinning til Friday.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using AlpineZone mobile app

Really wondering when SR is going to up their early season game and replace Locke, and or, come up with a better solution. The next year and a half will be very telling to see where Boyne spends their money.

Quote Originally Posted by MEtoVTSkier View Post
    Really wondering when SR is going to up their early season game and replace Locke, and or, come up with a better solution. The next year and a half will be very telling to see where Boyne spends their money.
    Well, given they just spent more money on the current Locke Triple (in addition to the all new top return station a few years ago) to raise it above the new T-Bar (three new towers and sheave sets, including a new depression tower), I seriously doubt they do anything with Locke. It is what it is. I would rather they up the Snowmaking infrastructure on Paradigm, Northern Lights, Airglow and Lights Out and go back to that setup early in Aurora. Other than the first few weekends, Locke is more a standby chair accessing very little terrain. There are many other areas that could use big $$ spent before Locke due to that.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using AlpineZone mobile app

Thread Information