View Poll Results: Where to go Sunday?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Killington

4 66.67%
  • Sunday River

2 33.33%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mach - what route do you take from northwood to sunday river? Google maps was trying to send me up 16 yesterday, went through Portsmouth but it took 2.5 hours.
    The true happiness of a man can be found in the mastery of his passions.

Quote Originally Posted by thebigo View Post
    Mach - what route do you take from northwood to sunday river? Google maps was trying to send me up 16 yesterday, went through Portsmouth but it took 2.5 hours.
    Unfortunately we moved to Litchfield, so now my drive takes 3 hours (up 93 through the notch onto 3/115/2). In our Northwood days, we went 202/16/113/302/5(35)/2. From Northwood intersection of 202/4/43, took 2:20. The only word of caution on the route is that 5(35) is severely crowned center to edges and when snow/ice covered, can be super bad because of that crown trying to take you into the snowbanks. They did repave a section again this year (like 1/4 inch overlay at best) so it will be a decent ride anyway for this winter.

Sent from my SM-T830 using AlpineZone mobile app

So, how was it? (how's the crowd level?)

Quote Originally Posted by abc View Post
    I replied with a mini trip report above (page 2, look for "And the winner is...").

Quote Originally Posted by abc View Post
    My daughter and I skiied k on friday and sr on sunday. The surface at sr was better but the combination of a slow lift and massive line put us around one run per hour. But skiing is always better than not skiing.

Being at sr and k this weekend really makes one question the belief that resorts dont make money early season. Walkup ticket lines slammed, bars packed, ikon passes everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by machski View Post
    Unfortunately we moved to Litchfield, so now my drive takes 3 hours (up 93 through the notch onto 3/115/2). In our Northwood days, we went 202/16/113/302/5(35)/2. From Northwood intersection of 202/4/43, took 2:20. The only word of caution on the route is that 5(35) is severely crowned center to edges and when snow/ice covered, can be super bad because of that crown trying to take you into the snowbanks. They did repave a section again this year (like 1/4 inch overlay at best) so it will be a decent ride anyway for this winter.

Sent from my SM-T830 using AlpineZone mobile app
    Thanks, sounds like it would be the same drive time as going through Portsmouth, I will stick with the highway and 26.

Thanks, sounds like it would be the same drive time as going through Portsmouth, I will stick with the highway and 26.
    Yeah, unless you are starting inland of 95, the back route doesn't help much. Especially with the improved 26 over the last decade.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using AlpineZone mobile app

Being at sr and k this weekend really makes one question the belief that resorts dont make money early season. Walkup ticket lines slammed, bars packed, ikon passes everywhere.
    My thoughts as well. I used to be aggressive about hitting SR as early as possible and it was a shitshow every time. Money was being spent.

Thread Information