• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Where to go Sunday? K or SR?

Where to go Sunday?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

thebigo

Mach - what route do you take from northwood to sunday river? Google maps was trying to send me up 16 yesterday, went through Portsmouth but it took 2.5 hours.

machski

Mach - what route do you take from northwood to sunday river? Google maps was trying to send me up 16 yesterday, went through Portsmouth but it took 2.5 hours.
Unfortunately we moved to Litchfield, so now my drive takes 3 hours (up 93 through the notch onto 3/115/2). In our Northwood days, we went 202/16/113/302/5(35)/2. From Northwood intersection of 202/4/43, took 2:20. The only word of caution on the route is that 5(35) is severely crowned center to edges and when snow/ice covered, can be super bad because of that crown trying to take you into the snowbanks. They did repave a section again this year (like 1/4 inch overlay at best) so it will be a decent ride anyway for this winter.

Sent from my SM-T830 using AlpineZone mobile app

thebigo

So, how was it? (how's the crowd level?)

My daughter and I skiied k on friday and sr on sunday. The surface at sr was better but the combination of a slow lift and massive line put us around one run per hour. But skiing is always better than not skiing.

Being at sr and k this weekend really makes one question the belief that resorts dont make money early season. Walkup ticket lines slammed, bars packed, ikon passes everywhere.

thebigo

Unfortunately we moved to Litchfield, so now my drive takes 3 hours (up 93 through the notch onto 3/115/2). In our Northwood days, we went 202/16/113/302/5(35)/2. From Northwood intersection of 202/4/43, took 2:20. The only word of caution on the route is that 5(35) is severely crowned center to edges and when snow/ice covered, can be super bad because of that crown trying to take you into the snowbanks. They did repave a section again this year (like 1/4 inch overlay at best) so it will be a decent ride anyway for this winter.

Sent from my SM-T830 using AlpineZone mobile app

Thanks, sounds like it would be the same drive time as going through Portsmouth, I will stick with the highway and 26.

Edd

Being at sr and k this weekend really makes one question the belief that resorts dont make money early season. Walkup ticket lines slammed, bars packed, ikon passes everywhere.

My thoughts as well. I used to be aggressive about hitting SR as early as possible and it was a shitshow every time. Money was being spent.