Major storm coming?

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Major storm coming?

Just saw the weather channel..8 to 12 coming to VT..might be record breaker..

Lets go!
    I'll drive.

Quote Originally Posted by kingslug View Post
    That's what she said

Looking forward to sliding on snow again

There is nothing but flurries in store for Central VT on the 10 day.

Looks like N vt...hopefully K gets something..too bad stowe is closed
    Lets go!
    I'll drive.

NOAA BTV is usually fairly close once it's within 24 hours.

StormTotalSnow.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by kingslug View Post
    Weather Channel, there's your first error

Sent from my SM-T830 using AlpineZone mobile app

My choice is between Mount Snow and Killington Friday to open up my season. Mount Snow is $39, Killington is "free" as I have a pass. 3 hours to Mount Snow, 3.5 hours to K.

Terrain is a toss-up. At this point in the year I really just want variety (not skiing the same trail over and over). 3 ttb routes at Mount Snow (plus maybe one trail in Carinthia) is very enticing but I'm sure they will all be groomed flat. Killington has the 1,600vert Snowdon route for long laps with Rime, Reason/Upper East Fall, Upper Double Dipper, and Downdraft Headwall. Maybe FIS will open as it's getting snow-love. Maybe Upper Ridge Run if this storm stays snow tonight. Kzone says there are natural bumps on the Canyon lift side of Upper Double Dipper.

Leaning heavily towards Killington right now. Thanks for reading my thinking-out-loud.
    2019-2020 2 days and counting...
    Killington: 11/15 Mount Snow: 11/27
    "Skiing is the closest you'll get to flying without leaving the ground." -snowmonster

Winter Storm Warning
    [COLOR=#878787 !important]Northern Vermont[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#878787 !important]5 hours ago – National Weather Service[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#878787 !important]WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 1 PM ... Total snow accumulations of 7 to 12 inches, with locally higher amounts across the northwest slopes of the Adirondacks ..

Too bad nothing open up there..
    [/COLOR]
    Lets go!
    I'll drive.

Quote Originally Posted by ss20 View Post
    My choice is between Mount Snow and Killington Friday to open up my season. Mount Snow is $39, Killington is "free" as I have a pass. 3 hours to Mount Snow, 3.5 hours to K.

Terrain is a toss-up. At this point in the year I really just want variety (not skiing the same trail over and over). 3 ttb routes at Mount Snow (plus maybe one trail in Carinthia) is very enticing but I'm sure they will all be groomed flat. Killington has the 1,600vert Snowdon route for long laps with Rime, Reason/Upper East Fall, Upper Double Dipper, and Downdraft Headwall. Maybe FIS will open as it's getting snow-love. Maybe Upper Ridge Run if this storm stays snow tonight. Kzone says there are natural bumps on the Canyon lift side of Upper Double Dipper.

Leaning heavily towards Killington right now. Thanks for reading my thinking-out-loud.
    According to today’s Killington snow report “Snowmakers have their sights set on Snowdon for the next phase of terrain expansion with snow guns blasting on Lower Ridge Run, Mouse Run and Middle Bunny Buster.”

Was going to hit K today but snowfall was a total dud so going tomorrow instead for better weather and colder temps.

Hoping for some hardpack snow to test out new skis.

Thread Information