Sugarbush is being sold to Alterra... - Page 12

AlpineZone

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
    Quote Originally Posted by cdskier View Post
    I was thinking that too. Now information is available literally in the palm of your hand with everyone having smartphones. I'm sure BG is right that there are some completely clueless people that are too lazy to do any research at all, but I also suspect that number is lower today than it was in the past when he last worked at a resort.
    How old do you think I am? This was long after Al Gore invented the internet. I never had to hitch my horse to a post or re-tie leather bindings when I worked at Stowe.

President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

Quote Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
    How old do you think I am? This was long after Al Gore invented the internet. I never had to hitch my horse to a post or re-tie leather bindings when I worked at Stowe.
    Your last sentence cracked me up

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
    I suspected you're around my age honestly (mid to late 30s). A lot has changed in just the last 5-10 years though.

Quote Originally Posted by skimagic View Post
    Although these 3 are part of a mini conglomerate, the "Fairbanks Pass" is not competitive, it only offers 1 ticket at the other 2 non home resorts. They do offer 15 bucks off a ticket at a bunch of other independents.

They need to change this model next season and offer a few more tickets at the very least
    Agree the options to ski the other resorts are weak (though improving every year) but Bromley for instance is very much a locals and second homeowner/renter Mountian. I am not sure people would take advantage of skiing the other, relatively small areas. I for one drive past Jiminy on every trip and have never been tempted to ski it again. The bigger question is whether they get on one of the other passes.
    2017/18 = 37
    2016/17 = 31
    2015/16 = Depressing
    2014/15 = 28
    2013/14 = 27

After the first year of skiing for these newbies how many return for the second year when the discounts go away?

Also how has the seasonal rentals but affected by VRBO? Have seasonal rental rates gone up? We used to do seasonal rentals in Jackson/North Conway back in the early 90's and now see week long rentals going for about 1/2 that. So 2 weeks of rentals bring in the same amount of what we used to pay for Nov 15-April 15.
    2010/11 - 30days 2011/12 - 29days 2012/13 - 40 days 2013/14 - 39 days 2014/15 - 42 days
    2015/2016 -27 days 2016/17 - 51 days 2017/18 - 57 days 2018/19 - 75 days

B&B and VRBO have definitely taken seasonal rentals off the market which makes it harder for both guests and employees to find housing in the Valley. It has, however, opened more beds to day skiers. So this is a mixed blessing. It is a reason why we are having to find or build employee housing. This years we have around 130 beds available for employees and some more through our Tenant for Turns program.

Win, is Friday going to be Sugarbush season pass holders only or both Sugarbush and Ikon passes? I have a friend with me this weekend who wants ski Friday.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Win, is Friday going to be Sugarbush season pass holders only or both Sugarbush and Ikon passes? I have a friend with me this weekend who wants ski Friday.

Steve
    I hope and expect it's just for Sugarbush season pass holders

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post

Steve
    Yes. We will accept Ikon Passes on Friday. We believe that with both Valley House and Gate House going we will have enough lift capacity and terrain of open to both Sugarbush and Ikon Passholders. The forecast is looking a bit funky at this point, but hopefully we see snow on the mountain Friday am even if there is some rain in the Valley.

Thread Information