Sugarbush is being sold to Alterra... - Page 7

AlpineZone

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by WinS View Post
    Remember, this is only the second year of the Ikon Pass. Epic has been around for a lot longer.
    Yeah, EPIC is a more mature product and IKON is still aggressively ramping, I was just pointing out that at the moment EPIC sales are greatly in excess of IKON sales. It will be interesting to see if Alterra makes its' numbers public again this year (I hope so).
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

Quote Originally Posted by JimG. View Post
    Glad SB decided to do this and not Killington.
    Two totally different animals, K and SB. K could not just decide to do this, they are park of Powdr which itself is one of the conglomerates Win cited as part of his decision to end SB's independant streak. I am beginning to think a Powdr/Boyne merger is the most likely next step in the merger games. Those two combined would be a powerful force and make them almost as big as Vail and Alterra.

Sent from my SM-T830 using AlpineZone mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by machski View Post
    Two totally different animals, K and SB. K could not just decide to do this, they are park of Powdr which itself is one of the conglomerates Win cited as part of his decision to end SB's independant streak. I am beginning to think a Powdr/Boyne merger is the most likely next step in the merger games. Those two combined would be a powerful force and make them almost as big as Vail and Alterra.

Ya I'm aware of the differences. SB selling out scares me though. If they can why not K?

Thought about a Powdr/Boyne merger too. Not attractive to me either.

If anyone doesn't already know by now I am not a fan of the consolidation going on. And I fear that in 10 years we will all look back on these mergers and realize how they killed skiing as we know it today.

Ya I'm aware of the differences. SB selling out scares me though. If they can why not K?
    Much easier for an individual owner/resort to decide to sell than it would be for a larger company to agree to sell off one of their major assets. Powdr would have to be in major financial trouble or get one hell of an offer to sell off K.

Thought about a Powdr/Boyne merger too. Not attractive to me either.

If anyone doesn't already know by now I am not a fan of the consolidation going on. And I fear that in 10 years we will all look back on these mergers and realize how they killed skiing as we know it today.
    Id hate to be Bolton, Magic, Bromley or Burke right now.

Quote Originally Posted by VTKilarney View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Bromley part of a smaller conglomerate of Jimminy and Cranmore if not more?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using AlpineZone mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by machski View Post

If that happened, it would be interesting to see if Powdr/Boyne would step away from Ikon and do their own multi-resort pass (although to this point Powdr seems to have resisted doing do).

If they did, it would likely be the most attractive option for the New England based skier. Loaf/River/K-Town/Pico/Loon would probably be considered by most to be a better New England combo than the Vail or Alterra offerings.

Quote Originally Posted by VTKilarney View Post
    If this consolidation continues there will be a NELSAP bonanza in the future. The places you list will be gone, plus any of the unprofitable hills currently part of the evil empires that have formed.

If this consolidation continues there will be a NELSAP bonanza in the future. The places you list will be gone, plus any of the unprofitable hills currently part of the evil empires that have formed.
    Yep. And when that inevitably happens, I assume it will also mean season pass prices skyrocket and skiing becomes affordable only for the wealthy (which it isn't now, as expensive as it is...).

master plan.jpg
    Can parts of this plan be dusted off?
    Get Trump to author an executive order overriding the env concerns...

Thread Information