• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mount Snow - November 14 2019

bdfreetuna

Least amount of people I've seen at Mount Snow by far. Only open runs were really Canyon/Chute on the main face and Freefall on north face.

Canyon skied alright but it's not my favorite trail, too many rollers obstructing downhill visibility and they had a mini terrain park set up on the trail which meant snowboarders doing their thing (getting in the way).

Freefall was where it was at. I guess I skied that trail about 12 times. Very nice surface and never really got skied off. I usually don't repeat trails much when I ski but somehow I appreciated the task of trying to ski Freefall better each time around. Trails were empty so I could charge pretty hard. Legs didn't complain and I felt my skiing was probably more on point than any "Day 1" in my personal history.

But 2 trails is 2 trails, I skied for 3 hours and went back home (1:10 drive) to get in a partial work day. No regrets. Hard to tell how quickly they'll be opening up more trails, I assume Long John and something in Carinthia come next. Those trails looked pretty much ready. Nothing else did though. Just a dusting of snow on the ground otherwise.

Mount-Snow-11-14-19_1.jpg

Mount-Snow-11-14-19_2.jpg

Glenn

Nice report! I have a feeling the guns will be on tonight and this weekend with the cold front rolling in.

Any opportunities to approach 'TunaSpeed'? :lol: