Boston Ski Expo

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boston Ski Expo

Boston Ski Expo

Went for the 1st night last night. Well attended, good time. You could tell everyone was pumped for the upcoming season. I didn't think the deals on ski gear were that great but some of the lift tix deals were OK. They were offering:

• 4 pack of mt sno/attitash/wildcat/crotched tix good anytime for $199
    • 3 pack of loon/sunday river/s'loaf tix good anytime for $239
    • 3 pack of Killington tix good anytime for $236
    • 3 pack of Cannon tix good anytime for $169
    • 4 pack of Ragged tix good anytime for $189

There's probably more that I missed from this list.

There were a lot of Ikon and Epic pass stuff/representation. I was surprised to see some of the non-New England ski areas there. Hokaido Japan had a big booth. Portillo Chile was there. Lots of Canadian areas. Big Sky was there, Ski Utah, and bunch of other western ski areas. They were all advertising some decent packages (flight, lodging, lift tix).

I am probably not going to be able to do a western trip this season so no Ikon or Epic for me this year. I just went with a couple of the mt sno/wildcat/etc passes and got my CHAD ski and ride card. I've done OK getting my avg tix price down to $50 or less with those in the past.

Good scene. Just wandering around and checking stuff out is cool. Recommend going if you can make it.

Nothing I'm too excited about on that list, but I'll be there tomorrow morning.

Might think about that Cannon 3 pack just because I really want my wife to go there this winter, and I wouldn't mind having an extra day. Kind of my new favorite place..

Did you see if Gore was handing out BOGOs?

Quote Originally Posted by bdfreetuna View Post
    Nothing I'm too excited about on that list, but I'll be there tomorrow morning.

Might think about that Cannon 3 pack just because I really want my wife to go there this winter, and I wouldn't mind having an extra day. Kind of my new favorite place..

Did you see if Gore was handing out BOGOs?
    Gore was there, right next to whiteface. I didn't check out the Gore deals, sorry.

Welp, won a Gunstock lift ticket. That was the highlight. Got a Cannon 3 pack and a Gore 2-for-1. Oh yeah Ride and Ski Card with a Magic ticket.

Stratton had $49 midweek and $59 weekend tickets. Bolton Valley had $99 3-packs.

I used to go every year until this year. Last year was lame. Prior years always left with free tickets from Killington and others. Seems like these mountains give less and less every year. Never mind the $15 entry fee plus $15 to park. Used to be cool when they gave you Liftopia cash but that's gone also.

Quote Originally Posted by pauldotcom View Post
    Used to be cool when they gave you Liftopia cash but that's gone also.
    Yup Getskitickets.com is useless
    2010/11 - 30days 2011/12 - 29days 2012/13 - 40 days 2013/14 - 39 days 2014/15 - 42 days
    2015/2016 -27 days 2016/17 - 51 days 2017/18 - 57 days 2018/19 - 75 days

Quote Originally Posted by pauldotcom View Post
    I used to go every year until this year. Last year was lame. Prior years always left with free tickets from Killington and others. Seems like these mountains give less and less every year. Never mind the $15 entry fee plus $15 to park. Used to be cool when they gave you Liftopia cash but that's gone also.
    Yah, gotta agree with you there. There's still some OK ticket deals. But not as good as it used to be. I was more disappointed in the ski gear deals. Used to be that you could get last years $900 skis for $300, still in the wrapper. This year those skis were tagged at $650. Meh.

I think the internet has made it easier for ski gear to get unloaded. And a lot of ppl are going to Epic or Ikon and think that's depressed the ski areas desire to offer add'l tix deals.

Even my ride and ski card this year is kind of disappointing. A lot of the ski areas that used to give you 2 for 1 or 50% off lift tix are now offering "$10 off lift tickets". Wow, I'll make sure I don't spend all of that savings in one place. . .

I will add that it was still a good time and cool to see all the stuff and talk to ppl from the ski areas. Deals not as good as they used to be but still a good time. I went with my long-time friend and ski buddy. We spent some time at the Long Trail beer garden and worked on our apres-ski technique. I think we are already in mid-season form in that regard.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitey View Post
    Even my ride and ski card this year is kind of disappointing. A lot of the ski areas that used to give you 2 for 1 or 50% off lift tix are now offering "$10 off lift tickets". Wow, I'll make sure I don't spend all of that savings in one place. . .
    Yup Ride and Ski card isn't as good this year as last. That's OK, I'll go where the deals are. At least it was a good idea to wait for the Ski Show to get the card, I think I paid about $10 "extra" for a Magic lift ticket included.

One slightly interesting conversation I had was with the kid from the Indy Pass. I told him I was pretty much all set for this season, but planned on making that a core component of next season. He said he expected a few more VT and NH resorts to come on board.

Jay Peak was mentioned, he wouldn't name any others. I asked if the price for the pass would go up, he said maybe $20-$25 but not more.
    2019/2020 season [*powder day]

Mount Snow [11/14, 11/21, 12/2*]

Was there last week myself, and was able to score a free lift ticket to Nashaba, and half off at Ragged...

Nashoba will be good for a 5 minute down the street beer run from home....

Skiing for 2019-2020 - 4

Gunstock: ​12/1/2019, 12/7/2019
    Mount Snow: 11/16/2019, 11/30/2019

Seasons Past:
    2018-2019
    - 20 Visits; 2017-2018 - 12 Visits; 2016-2017 - 23 Visits; 2015-2016 - 17 Visits; 2014-2015 - 20 Visits;
    2013-2014 - 19 Visits;
    2012-2013 - 13 Visits; 2011-2012 - 16 Visits; 2011-2012 - 16 Visits; 2010-2011 - 19 Visits;
    2009-2010
    - 16 Visits; 2008-2009 - 15 Visits

Thread Information