• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

You know you're a ski bum when

tumbler

I also dont think it counts if your Dad is a hedge fund manager in Greenwich, Connecticut.

A real ski bum has to struggle at least a little-bit financially. If not, you're just someone who skis a lot.

Hate to break it to you but most ski bums are trustifarians.

ScottySkis

For my late dad
Lots of things.
But what stands out now was his email
Rz@skibum
And on my dad's tombstone is a little �� skier in small circle

ironhippy

Hate to break it to you but most ski bums are trustifarians.

We should probably be using the term ski-hobo because "ski-bums" have gotten away from their roots.

A bum is homeless, he does not travel and does not work. A bum is irresponsible, shiftless and often an alcoholic. The term bum is an American term that appears during the American Civil War, probably taken from the German slang word bummler, meaning loafer.

So, a hobo—who often works for a living—might take offense if he is simply called a “bum.” This is because bums almost never work and they don’t even bother to travel. They are the dispossessed who stay in the same town, and likely the same sidewalk, day in and day out. The word “bum” derives from the German verb bummeln, which means to loaf around or saunter.

skifree

don't bother with the grinding brakes on your car and score a deal at snowboard shop you work at.

Hawk

100 days isn't what it used to be, gainfully employed software developer who skis 100 days here

Definitely duct tape and I dont mean duct tape on your gear, I mean spare duct tape wrapped around your pole for midday repairs.

Edit - shit just checked 14 on the moose list
Your 100 days are not the same as the 100 days he is saying. Also Software is different. You are certainly an exception and not the rule of 100 day skiers.