The History of the Ticket Wicket

AlpineZone

The History of the Ticket Wicket

This is one of those things I've wondered about many times, so I thought this article was interesting enough to post.

https://snowbrains.com/the-ticket-wi...YZgrb1PV3CcQwM
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

I thought this bit was especially interesting:

“Half the lift tickets sold today are secured to a guest via a wire wicket and half with zip ties.”

-Jason Shoats, VP of sales, Worldwide Ticketcraft

It suggests RFID penetration isnt that major at this point, but I'm also shocked that as many as 50% of resorts WW still use stickers & wickets. Must be more prevalent internationally if he's correct.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

I remember when very young, small local hills would still staple the paper ticket to your jacket or sweater. They would staple over the old one, until eventually you sat down with a screwdriver and pryed them all off. The staples were sizeable, and I think most were soft copper and not that hard to get off.

The paper tickets had very light or blank centers, and the cashier would ink a huge stamp and stamp your ticket with that day's code.

And then when wickets first hit the streets, your jacket often had no place to loop them through, so the wickets went on belt loops, that was the jeans era.

Quote Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
    I thought this bit was especially interesting:

“Half the lift tickets sold today are secured to a guest via a wire wicket and half with zip ties.”

-Jason Shoats, VP of sales, Worldwide Ticketcraft

It suggests RFID penetration isnt that major at this point, but I'm also shocked that as many as 50% of resorts WW still use stickers & wickets. Must be more prevalent internationally if he's correct.
    Most are using zip ties.

Quote Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
    This is one of those things I've wondered about many times, so I thought this article was interesting enough to post.

https://snowbrains.com/the-ticket-wi...YZgrb1PV3CcQwM
    Yes. One of the many innovations attributed to Killington. Pretty cool.
    Live, Ski, or Die!

Thread Information