• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Free Coffee- I-91 Corridor?

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
So last year there was a Pride gas station in Hadley Mass that would give out free coffee that I would hit on my way home if I was doing a daytrip to/from VT. Unfortunately they've discontinued that promo this season.

Anyone know of any easy-off, easy-on gas stations with free coffee along 91, preferably in Mass?

I feel like I'm gonna get told to bite the bullet and pay the $1.06 for a coffee lol. It adds up over the course of the season is my argument, need more money for :beer:

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
Buy a thermos? :lol:

Ehhh...maybe I have to buy a nice one, but if I make coffee at 5am, keep it in my car all ski day (in the cold), and drink it on the way home it's annoyingly cold.

I know I've been spoiled since finding this gas station a couple ski seasons ago. Cheap gas and free coffee...what else does a skier need after a long day???

Domeskier

Vermont welcome centers have free coffee if your trip takes you past one of those. Not sure how they'd react to someone filling up a thermos.

mister moose

Buy your gas in Holyoke (2.28 ) instead of Hadley (2.39) and then with the money you save the coffee will be 'free'.

mister moose

I happen to be driving up to VT tonight, so I had already checked my usual gas stops:

Springfield, Racing Mart off Armory St Exit 291: Didn't check for this trip
Holyoke, 202 exit, about a mile in: 2.28
Northampton 2.39 Best restaurant selection
Greenfield: 2.37
Exit 1 Brattleboro 2.39
Exit 2 West Brattleboro 2.37, VT Deli
Exit 3 West Chesterfield NH, 2.37, plus 5 cents off for Shell frequent flier, NH liquor store, Hannafords on Rte 5.

Compared to
Rutlland VT 2.44
Berlin Tpke CT 2.46

Gas prices not only vary, the relative price differences between these stations vary weekly.

Last edited:

abc

Ehhh...maybe I have to buy a nice one, but if I make coffee at 5am, keep it in my car all ski day (in the cold), and drink it on the way home it's annoyingly cold.
Perhaps you just need a newer thermos? Or just a second one...

I have a no name thermo I picked up at some sale. My coffee stay HOT for like 6 hrs. And stay warmish for another 6.

If you fill 2 thermos, and drink from one of them. The second one should stay HOT for a good long while until you start drinking from it. So, one thermos for the drive up, the second one for the drive home.

(How do I know the thermo-capacity of my containers? I sometimes make soup to bring with me for lunch. It usually comes out HOT at lunch time. Many thermo-containers have a 12 hr "keep" time, as long as you don't open it (*even sipping from a small opening hurts the heat retaining capability) )

Last edited:

bdfreetuna

Switch to cocaine. Much more expensive but you'll quickly realize it's worth it. Caveat: ration your supply so that you don't have to crash until finally at home with a 6 pack ready at hand. Also remember you're engaging in physical activity. Key bumps. No sharing fat lines in the gondola. Not everyone is cool with it even if it seems like they are.

You might feel like it goes better with whiskey when skiing but that's a sign you should back off the blow instead of racking up a big bar tab.

Caveat #2: Use cruise control on the way home. And don't be a hero if it's snowing / slick roads. On snowy rides home the lights behind you can really cause some paranoia so recommended to stay at the speed limit and play a Journey album.

The Sneak

Great coffee shop on Route 2 just west of Greenfield, on the left heading towards B East.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kingslug

What is this stopping thing...well..when my wife is with me there has to be one stop at the welcome center..and on the way home the big coffee barn outside of Stowe....for very expensive coffee...life's too short to drink crappy coffee...or beer.