• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Where did all the GoPros Go?

jimk

I heard last year that they were near going out of business.

I use mine still. Im a pretty good skier and still charge fairly hard and it’s nuts how mediocre my footage still is. It’s not easy to get GoPro shots that will actually excite people anymore.

Was that footage all taken within a couple miles of AZ Snowbowl Ski area?

I was very near AZ Snowbowl on May 23, 2019, but couldn't see the ski area! I drove from Flagstaff that morning on 180 past little AZ Nordic Village in a freakin' May whiteout, about 3" of new snow fell that morning if you remember! Visibility was low for a few hours. We were going to the South Rim area of the Grand Canyon for an overnite stay in a cabin. All the tourists were freezing in their shorts and tee shirts. :razz:
We had a winter full of ski gear in the car and had to dig out our ski jackets. On May 24th the weather cleared as we drove thru the park to east end of GCNP and exited the area via 64, Cameron and 89, then on to I40 and back toward East Coast. I was disappointed that I never saw a trace of AZ Snowbowl. We had effectively circled Humphreys Peak, but I guess we missed seeing the ski area when we were in the whiteout on the west side of the peaks?
Beautiful part of the country!

Last edited:

raisingarizona

Was that footage all taken within a couple miles of AZ Snowbowl Ski area?

I was very near AZ Snowbowl on May 23, 2019, but couldn't see the ski area! I drove from Flagstaff that morning on 180 past little AZ Nordic Village in a freakin' May whiteout, about 3" of new snow fell that morning if you remember! Visibility was low for a few hours. We were going to the South Rim area of the Grand Canyon for an overnite stay in a cabin. All the tourists were freezing in their shorts and tee shirts. :razz:
We had a winter full of ski gear in the car and had to dig out our ski jackets. On May 24th the weather cleared as we drove thru the park to east end of GCNP and exited the area via 64, Cameron and 89, then on to I40 and back toward East Coast. I was disappointed that I never saw a trace of AZ Snowbowl. We had effectively circled Humphreys Peak, but I guess we missed seeing the ski area when we were in the whiteout on the west side of the peaks?
Beautiful part of the country!

Sure was.

Well, you have a good reason to come back through then!