Where did all the GoPros Go?

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Where did all the GoPros Go?

So a few years back, everyone from 9 years old to 29 years old had these things fastened to themselves in one regard or the other. Now, you hardly see them. Did people get tired of POV?

SoVT

People realized that no one, not even themselves, gave a shit about watching them ski groomers all day long.

Quote Originally Posted by KustyTheKlown View Post
    People realized that no one, not even themselves, gave a shit about watching them ski groomers all day long.
    yup. my daughter still asks why i don't bring the gopro. i tell her we're not doing anything exciting and she gets offended that skiing with her isn't exciting.
    shit happens, wear a helmet.

2019/20
    Breck - 12.26 12.27 1.4
    Keystone - 1.12

I heard last year that they were near going out of business.

I use mine still. Im a pretty good skier and still charge fairly hard and itís nuts how mediocre my footage still is. Itís not easy to get GoPro shots that will actually excite people anymore.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7XeYAgQdE5Y&feature=share

You sell yourself short. That was pretty exciting footage!

But I admit, I didnít watch it all the way to the end. Thereís only so much one can WATCH.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    So a few years back, everyone from 9 years old to 29 years old had these things fastened to themselves in one regard or the other. Now, you hardly see them. Did people get tired of POV?

The answer you're looking for, in a chart.

President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

Quote Originally Posted by raisingarizona View Post

I use mine still. Im a pretty good skier and still charge fairly hard and itís nuts how mediocre my footage still is. Itís not easy to get GoPro shots that will actually excite people anymore.

Yeah! Good stuff. What's entailed in getting to open bowl/Rustler's Peak at 1 and 3 minute marks??

The reason gopros went the way of the dinosaur: The editing required to make mediocre skiers look halfway interesting is murder. I know I tried

They are still around but are mostly used handheld for filming others. They are huge in diving and mountain biking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by danimals View Post
    They are still around but are mostly used handheld for filming others. They are huge in diving and mountain biking.
    It’s very nice to get a pov of the trail before going in.

Same for white water kayaking. Watching someone smoothly sailing though the rapid is one thing. Getting to see what he sees sitting at water level is very beneficial.

Quote Originally Posted by raisingarizona View Post

Thumbs up ,nice terrain and ability . Some videos are more jumpy then others ,was your mount loose or just a function of chest mount vs helmet location ?

I have a Sony camera and am pretty happy with it except for battery life .
    Groundhog day lets go skiing !

Thread Information