Commit to Ski Plattekill this Year - Page 2

AlpineZone

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirbannedalot View Post
    Yet here you are advertising it, trying to create a crowd and ruin what you say is the reason that makes it so special.
    Already ruined by years of people screaming about how uncrowded Platty was.

Plattekill: Some excellent terrain, especially when the snow is good. Unlike many resorts, if they're at least half open or so, there's far more trail capacity than there is lift (not that lift lines are common either). Every chair can be going up full and you're still not going to feel crowded on the trails, IMO.

Also, if you want local lodging, I can't really recommend The Roxbury Motel enough. Probably one of the most entertaingly absurd lodging experiences anywhere, and just a generally nice place. Not what you typically expect when you hear "motel".

Quote Originally Posted by Sirbannedalot View Post
    Yet here you are advertising it, trying to create a crowd and ruin what you say is the reason that makes it so special.
    Some crowding is a good problem to have.

Quote Originally Posted by raisingarizona View Post

I’m fairly convinced at this point that city folk love being in crowds. They bunch up on holidays and weekends making every place a lot like where they came from while “getting away from it all.” It’s madness I tell ya. They live in a perpetual line of traffic.
    It's the biggest downside to living in greater NYC as far as I'm concerned. There are so many people and a limited amount of places to go. Of course, this is by no means a new phenomenon - just exacerbated by better cars, increasing populations, growing rental stock and (temporarily) by a very strong economy.

Sent from my VS988 using AlpineZone mobile app
    Ski season is always too short

Quote Originally Posted by JimG. View Post
    Already ruined by years of people screaming about how uncrowded Platty was.
    Blame it on Scotty LOL.

I was there twice last year, and no where near crowded by my definition. From what I understand the previous year before storm Riley they were struggling. I’ve got 2 nelsap areas near me ,they were fun and uncrowded . Hopefully they’re at a level that is sustainable.

Groundhog day lets go skiing !

Been going there for 20 years..but not so much lately as we have shifted to vt..never saw it crowded..busy maybe but thats a good thing..i doubt anything said here will cause a shift..
    Lets go!
    I'll drive.

Been going there for 20 years..but not so much lately as we have shifted to vt..never saw it crowded..busy maybe but thats a good thing..i doubt anything said here will cause a shift..
    Lets go!
    I'll drive.

Quote Originally Posted by eastern powder baby View Post
    It's the biggest downside to living in greater NYC as far as I'm concerned. There are so many people and a limited amount of places to go. Of course, this is by no means a new phenomenon - just exacerbated by better cars, increasing populations, growing rental stock and (temporarily) by a very strong economy.
    It's the population growth.

Most Americans are completely clueless about this, but the US population has grown massively in a short period of time.

In 1980, the Census was 226M people, this year it's expected to hit 330M people, that's almost 50% MORE people living within the United States in just 40 years, and the dimensions of the country didnt get any bigger. Open space, and places to "get away" as you suggest, are disappearing with it.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

Quote Originally Posted by Siliconebobsquarepants View Post
    Blame it on Scotty LOL.
    lol

Scotty killed it at Gore yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
    It's the population growth.

Most Americans are completely clueless about this, but the US population has grown massively in a short period of time.

In 1980, the Census was 226M people, this year it's expected to hit 330M people, that's almost 50% MORE people living within the United States in just 40 years, and the dimensions of the country didnt get any bigger. Open space, and places to "get away" as you suggest, are disappearing with it.
    Wow!

Something you and I totally agree on.

Thread Information