Sugarbush Lift Replacements?

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Sugarbush Lift Replacements?

With Alterra's new ownership, what lifts do you expect to see replaced? I expect Heaven's Gate to be a priority and as North Ridge gets older, I can see that getting replaced as well.

We have replaced 7 and upgraded most others, so new lifts are not the priority. Both HG and NR have new drives and are running well. But yes, those two would probably be ones to consider along with Bravo in the future but not the near future as they are in good shape. Increasing snowmaking capacity is a greater short term priority. Our lift capacity is over 24,000 people per hour which for our number of skier visits is one of the best in the East.

Castle Rock Double will be replaced with the 6 Pack Bubble from Hermitage Club

Quote Originally Posted by urungus View Post
    Castle Rock Double will be replaced with the 6 Pack Bubble from Hermitage Club
    Nah, clearly MRG is buying it to replace the Single.
    2003-2004: 21; 2004-2005: 27; 2005-2006: 31; 2006-2007: 31; 2007-2008: 38; 2008-2009: 43; 2009-2010: 42; 2010-2011: 46; 2011-2012: 33; 2012-2013: 26 2013-14: 18; 2014-15: 17; 2015-16: 7; 2016-17: 14; 2017-18: 23; 2018-19

2019-20 days - 7
    Wachusett: 11/15, 11/21, 12/5
    Stratton: 11/26; Mt. Snow: 12/3
    Killington: 12/8; Sunday River: 1/21

Okay, enough with the jokes. I heard that Castlerock actually was planned to be replaced with another Doppelmayr HSQ back during ASC's ownership.

I know that the priorities are snowmaking, mid-mountain dining, and lodging, but since Alterra has had a history of installing new lifts during their first year of ownership (Stratton & Tremblant), I thought that there was a possibility that they might do the same here. Would the Heaven's Gate HSQ terminate where the gondola used to? I don't think it could fit where the current return is for Heaven's Gate unless there is major excavation done. I think the best route forward would be to do refurbishments on Super Bravo and Gate House to keep them running for another 10 years. North Ridge isn't really worth maintaining unless MAJOR work is done on it. It is utilizing first generation detachable technology with only 3 of its type (North Ridge included) made in America. Valley House was a great investment as it now provides a reliable backup to Super Bravo when it's broken down or on wind hold. It's also great for early and late season operations.

Quote Originally Posted by Slidebrook87 View Post
    Okay, enough with the jokes. I heard that Castlerock actually was planned to be replaced with another Doppelmayr HSQ back during ASC's ownership.
    I believe that was true and created a huge uproar. When we bought Sugarbush the old CR double was replaced with a new double chair. We would never want to put more capacity up there. It is worth the wait to keep the experience.

I believe the slogan was “More rock, less otten”

I know that the priorities are snowmaking, mid-mountain dining, and lodging, but since Alterra has had a history of installing new lifts during their first year of ownership (Stratton & Tremblant), I thought that there was a possibility that they might do the same here. Would the Heaven's Gate HSQ terminate where the gondola used to? I don't think it could fit where the current return is for Heaven's Gate unless there is major excavation done. I think the best route forward would be to do refurbishments on Super Bravo and Gate House to keep them running for another 10 years. North Ridge isn't really worth maintaining unless MAJOR work is done on it. It is utilizing first generation detachable technology with only 3 of its type (North Ridge included) made in America. Valley House was a great investment as it now provides a reliable backup to Super Bravo when it's broken down or on wind hold. It's also great for early and late season operations.
    One replaces lifts when needed, not just because it is the first year of ownership. Actually major work was done on North Ridge a couple of years ago. A new Drive was installed along with new communication lines and all the towers were rewired. So yes, someday but not now. If we did HG we would likely put in a fixed grip quad and lower the towers in some areas due to the wind and likely move the terminal up slightly to open Downspout. A high speed quad is more vulnerable to wind. And major work has been done on Bravo, GH, North Lynx too. The two lifts that remain for new drrives are Summit and Inverness.

I believe the slogan was “More rock, less otten”
    yes

Thread Information