Where you are skiing during thanksgiving and weekend? - Page 6

AlpineZone

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Not going to work monday..since i had to cancel my early utah trip...for work..ill just kind of make up for it sunday monday..
    Lets go!
    I'll drive.

Took one look at the scene at Stratton and changed into jeans and left to get breakfast and coffee. Not burning a pass day on this

Quote Originally Posted by Edd View Post
    Technically, I hate the Jay Peak tram more than Loonís gondola. But itís close. Someone at work told me that Loon replaced all the cabins last year. Havenít confirmed that. I wonder whatís improved about them.
    Word I've heard is they are identical to the old ones, just new copies.

Quote Originally Posted by KustyTheKlown View Post
    Took one look at the scene at Stratton and changed into jeans and left to get breakfast and coffee. Not burning a pass day on this
    Stratton was THAT crowded today (Saturday) ?
    2018/19 = 36
    2017/18 = 37
    2016/17 = 31
    2015/16 = Depressing
    2014/15 = 28
    2013/14 = 27

Quote Originally Posted by slatham View Post
    Stratton was THAT crowded today (Saturday) ?
    Stratton being crowded on a Saturday is one of the least shocking things Iíve ever heard.

I am honestly kind of surprised it was that crowded. Itís still early season so I wouldnít expect loads of people to be swarming to Stratton.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got there before 8:45. Parking was a shitshow and people were everywhere. After a day of no lines and tree skiing at k, lines for the same handful of groomers at Stratton was unappealing

I got there before 8:45. Parking was a shitshow and people were everywhere. After a day of no lines and tree skiing at k, lines for the same handful of groomers at Stratton was unappealing
    Donít blame you one bit. Screw that scene.

Wow. FWIW Bromley was very mellow - ski on all day. Obviously not the amount of terrain but the skier per acre ratio was very favorable and with the 3" we got on Thursday it did not ski like Thanksgiving. Not sure of ticket price but NOT the $99 that Stratton was charging ($60 something probably).
    2018/19 = 36
    2017/18 = 37
    2016/17 = 31
    2015/16 = Depressing
    2014/15 = 28
    2013/14 = 27

we drove by bromley on our way to breakfast in peru and i thought about it for a minute - it looked really pleasant. but my girlfriend was grateful for the no ski day and we took care of xmas tree shopping and some other stuff and had a mellow day

Thread Information