RFID with scanners vs automatic gates - Page 3

AlpineZone

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cdskier View Post
    a system where the gates were at the entrance to the corrals.
    Exactly!

Imagine trying to use scan guns at a place like alta on a powder day...that was stow last season on that late powder day...madness..
    But its here to stay..and people from Pategonia get to hang out and work at Stowe..so thats cool with me..
    Lets go!
    I'll drive.

Hunter ..have to show them the pass so they can scan the barcode..yup...thats epic
    Lets go!
    I'll drive.

Quote Originally Posted by kingslug View Post
    Hunter ..have to show them the pass so they can scan the barcode..yup...thats epic
    Integrations take time...can't expect them to switch the entire system overnight (plus they still need to be able to support the legacy Peaks passes this year anyway, so better to wait until next year to switch once everyone will be on one type of pass)

Quote Originally Posted by cdskier View Post
    Integrations take time...can't expect them to switch the entire system overnight (plus they still need to be able to support the legacy Peaks passes this year anyway, so better to wait until next year to switch once everyone will be on one type of pass)
    Agreed. Id be shocked if theyd locked the scanning thing down this quickly. Its a transitional season.

That is Peak's scanning system not Vail's. Vail's scanners at Okemo, Stowe, and Sunapee are RFID. Vail has said that the Peak acquisition closing happened so late that they could not integrate companies in time before the season. So everything at the Peak resorts is running as is this season. We are fortunate that the Epic pass is allowed at all at Peak resorts this year.

Just makes for cold fingers..lol
    Lets go!
    I'll drive.

Just makes for cold fingers..lol
    Yeah when I went to Mount Snow last Saturday and discovered they did not yet RFID, I was happy to still have my old arm band pass display in my bag that I will now have to use at the Peak resorts this year like the old days before we all got used to RFID.

Have to get one..
    Lets go!
    I'll drive.

Peak gave away nice retractable pass holders. My Epic pass doesn't have a hole in it, so I figured that Vail might have just distributed RFID scanners for the acquired Peak resorts to use. Nope. Same old bar code scanners for this year. I'm trying to figure out where to punch a hole in the Epic pass to be able to attach it, but not destroy the RFID chip.

Thread Information