Skiing Sunday River 2019-2020 - Page 10

AlpineZone

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 131
  1. #91
    Quote Originally Posted by Edd View Post
    Aaaand all of the upper lifts are on wind hold. This is literally the 3rd time this has happened to me out of the last 6-7 visits here over 3-4 seasons. That’s a bad average. Might bail to Wildcat.
    Oh my, so sorry to hear that. I'm out today, but I'd rather be skiing.

    lovin life,

    Bob

  2. #92
    thetrailboss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    NEK by Birth; Alta/Snowbird by Choice
    Posts
    27,877
    Quote Originally Posted by Edd View Post
    Aaaand all of the upper lifts are on wind hold. This is literally the 3rd time this has happened to me out of the last 6-7 visits here over 3-4 seasons. That’s a bad average. Might bail to Wildcat.
    That sucks. I would think that Wildcat would have windholds going as well if you have them at SR.
    Live, Ski, or Die!


  3. #93
    Edd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Newmarket, NH
    Posts
    5,196
    Quote Originally Posted by thetrailboss View Post
    That sucks. I would think that Wildcat would have windholds going as well if you have them at SR.
    That’s what you’d think but it hasn’t proven to be true. Today they opened up later in the morning, luckily. SR, as much as I love it, goes down for wind more than any hill I know.

  4. #94
    thetrailboss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    NEK by Birth; Alta/Snowbird by Choice
    Posts
    27,877
    Quote Originally Posted by Edd View Post
    That’s what you’d think but it hasn’t proven to be true. Today they opened up later in the morning, luckily. SR, as much as I love it, goes down for wind more than any hill I know.
    Well, you can always go to Mt. Abram for the old school experience. Or Black Mountain of Maine.
    Live, Ski, or Die!


  5. #95
    Quote Originally Posted by thetrailboss View Post
    Well, you can always go to Mt. Abram for the old school experience. Or Black Mountain of Maine.
    Neither operate on Wednesdays except for vacation weeks.

    Mt Abram is Thursday through Sunday
    BMOM Friday through Sunday

    Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app

  6. #96
    thetrailboss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    NEK by Birth; Alta/Snowbird by Choice
    Posts
    27,877
    Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
    Neither operate on Wednesdays except for vacation weeks.

    Mt Abram is Thursday through Sunday
    BMOM Friday through Sunday

    Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app
    I was wondering if they were closed midweek.
    Live, Ski, or Die!


  7. #97
    Edd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Newmarket, NH
    Posts
    5,196
    Conditions were quite good yesterday. Didn’t hit any trees but they were looking ok. If they get some accumulation today they’ll be set up nicely for vacation week.


    Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone

  8. #98
    Calling for 100% open for the weekend.
    lovin life,

    Bob

  9. #99

  10. #100
    Got back to skiing the River after 9 days off (bronze pass). I felt like an exuberant dog being let outside. Just bombing down the trails, played in Oz for a couple hours, run of the day was Eureka! A buddy took his first run down Eureka ever, and his next run was his second run down Eureka!

    Gonna be warmer tomorrow, bring it!
    lovin life,

    Bob

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 3:08 PM.