• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Big storm coming???

JimG.

Staff member
Guess I'll be at Belleayre Tues and Wed.

I don't mind driving 1:15 instead of 2:45 or more!

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
The lack of "hype" in here is appalling...chairlift threads and rants/raves are fun but very few people seem to be excited at the foot+ of snow coming. Sure it's on bare ground but 2ft+ in the Catskills and Berkshires will open all but the rockiest slopes and trails with exposed water.

bdfreetuna

I'm pretty excited by my main focus is on Mount Snow for tomorrow. I was looking at B-East, Catamount or Jiminy as local alternatives but I'll wait until later in the week to ski Berkshire East when hopefully all that snow amounts to mass trail openings.

Also difference between 1 foot and 2+ feet means few ropes vs most ropes dropping. Sure looks good for Magic Mt opening though!

camberstick

Guess I'll be at Belleayre Tues and Wed.

I don't mind driving 1:15 instead of 2:45 or more!

I'd like to hit the cats on Tuesday myself but worry about open terrain. Do you think Bell will open alot on Natural?

MommaBear

The lack of "hype" in here is appalling...chairlift threads and rants/raves are fun but very few people seem to be excited at the foot+ of snow coming.

This used to be the only place that understood the excitement of an incoming storm. Now, not so much. Its sad.

tnt1234

The lack of "hype" in here is appalling...chairlift threads and rants/raves are fun but very few people seem to be excited at the foot+ of snow coming. Sure it's on bare ground but 2ft+ in the Catskills and Berkshires will open all but the rockiest slopes and trails with exposed water.

I'm just bummed - can't take off work. Can't possibly ski till saturday. trying to figure out best options for a day trip, or possibly an over night to extend range.

tnt1234

I'm pretty excited by my main focus is on Mount Snow for tomorrow. I was looking at B-East, Catamount or Jiminy as local alternatives but I'll wait until later in the week to ski Berkshire East when hopefully all that snow amounts to mass trail openings.

Also difference between 1 foot and 2+ feet means few ropes vs most ropes dropping. Sure looks good for Magic Mt opening though!

Is magic saturday?

Smellytele

Have to work so can’t hit pats peak this week and Cannon isn’t gettin the goods out of this one. Also not skiing in Vt until 12/14

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

tnt1234

Have to work so can’t hit pats peak this week and Cannon isn’t gettin the goods out of this one. Also not skiing in Vt until 12/14

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

like an idiot, i put something on the calendar for 12/14 a month ago. Don't know what the hell I was thinking. I have a feeling that's going to be a good weekend....

cdskier

I'll agree with most of the reasons for the non-hype. Sugarbush isn't in the jackpot zone (but I wouldn't be back up there until 12/9 anyway). I can't take off from work. And even if I could my skis are in VT so a storm that hits the Cats or any other day trip-able area doesn't help me.

Edd

This used to be the only place that understood the excitement of an incoming storm. Now, not so much. Its sad.

I think that’s ridiculous. I’m sure the hype is there and nothing “sad” is happening. I’m excited for the snow this week too. Forgive me if I don’t go into a tizzy about it.

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!

Mount Snow is also my plan (with Berkshire East as a backup in case of road issues). I'll be in a black/grey Columbia coat with black/yellow Fischer skis and the greenest, ugliest ski boots I've ever seen. I won't be ducking into trees but plan on sticking to the front-side naturals.

Cornhead

Color me hyped, I'm more than grateful for 6 ski days in November, 1 so far in December, but I'm so psyched to ski something besides chunky groomers. The freezing rain and sleet that made me look like a glazed donut today, should make an excellent base for whatever snow falls next. I'll be at Belleayre Tuesday redeeming my free Warren Miller voucher. Bring on the first POW of the season!

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using AlpineZone mobile app

crazy

I'm not as excited as I might otherwise be only because the places that are getting a lot of snow don't have a solid base other than manmade, plus I won't be able to get out of work. I'm still very happy that southern vermont is starting to get some serious snow, they have been missing out.