• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Big storm coming???

JimG.

Staff member
The lack of "hype" in here is appalling...chairlift threads and rants/raves are fun but very few people seem to be excited at the foot+ of snow coming. Sure it's on bare ground but 2ft+ in the Catskills and Berkshires will open all but the rockiest slopes and trails with exposed water.

Hard to be hyped when it's Sunday the end of a long holiday weekend and now it snows. Most have to work and have no way to hit the slopes and take advantage. I'm blessed to be able to ski but I'm sure not going to rub it in by getting all hyped.

kingslug

Well..at least i started the thread..and im hyped...stoked...etc...
And its still snowing..and the lift..is still broken and will be for some time..good job vail..awesome

tnt1234

I wonder how much the snow will settle by Saturday if most of it falls tonight and tomorrow?

Hard to know....even just a day later in the catskills, and the snow can get pretty cement-ish. I guess because it's often very moist?

tnt1234

Well..at least i started the thread..and im hyped...stoked...etc...
And its still snowing..and the lift..is still broken and will be for some time..good job vail..awesome

I seem to remember that happening last year with the flyer. But not sure I'm remembering it right. Maybe the year before? They sent someone to the airport to grab parts to get it opened by a holiday?

kingslug

I wont start ranting..but..im pretty much a maintenance engineer..chief engineer..when i take over a building i assess..everything..and begin fixing everything..and stocking parts..so i dont get caught in a situation like this..
That..is all..

jaytrem

Got about 7 inches in Wilmington (vt) so far. Tomorrow should be a good one.

Sirbannedalot

Always check the webcam the day before. That Laszlo guy is a real shady character. The best is when it's a powder day and all of a sudden its "cash only". Cheating Uncle Sam all the while complaining of unfair advantages competing against Belleayre.