• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Big storm coming???

JimG.

Staff member
Hoping the abundance of powder on the main trails keep people off cathedral brook and the trees surrounding it....

Wish tomorrow was saturday.

That might be a big wish since they opened the HS quad yesterday. Makes the slog out there much easier.

JimG.

Staff member
What's the lodge situation this year? Is overlook still open for tickets? But doesn't sound like Lift 7 is spinning.

Rentals only down at discovery, right?

Both lodges open.

Yes rentals only at Discovery. 7 not running.

Not sure about tickets since I have a pass.

JimG.

Staff member
Belle got another 5-6" today. Actually skied better than Wednesday. Trees were excellent. Great day looking forward to tomorrow.
126191.jpg
126192.jpg

ScottySkis

Belle got another 5-6" today. Actually skied better than Wednesday. Trees were excellent. Great day looking forward to tomorrow.
View attachment 25734
View attachment 25735
Day 2 l!! Just a little better then day 1.
Looking more like February not early December
Half foot of snowing today always make any ski day even better
Great day Jim G thanks u again
Like I said I so great home in beautiful mid Hudson Valley

Next 25-30 years of cooling temperature and snow mini ice age again ok with me
Low sunspots besides other reasons is all great with me

Smellytele

Snowed all day at Cannon today after they got 4-6 overnight. Open trail pick of the day vista way. Closed trail either hard scrabble and all of mittersill

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

drjeff

Too bad Mother nature will get a bit damp before she gets cold again early next week.

Granted the prevailing winds in a Nor'easter like we had this week drifts onto the deck of my condo at Mount Snow, but from the deck boards to the base of the railing is 30". There was some wind slab, but nothing resembling ice/crust through the entire snowpack when I spent about 30 minutes shoveling my deck today.

Today was awesome on the hill.. and if we can get some snow on the backside on Mon/Tuesday and avoid a December melt down, this season in SoVT has delivered the start to a GOOD year!! IMG_20191207_070512342.jpgIMG_20191207_230954_185.jpg

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using AlpineZone mobile app

Greg

Staff member
Too bad Mother nature will get a bit damp before she gets cold again early next week.

Granted the prevailing winds in a Nor'easter like we had this week drifts onto the deck of my condo at Mount Snow, but from the deck boards to the base of the railing is 30". There was some wind slab, but nothing resembling ice/crust through the entire snowpack when I spent about 30 minutes shoveling my deck today.

Today was awesome on the hill.. and if we can get some snow on the backside on Mon/Tuesday and avoid a December melt down, this season in SoVT has delivered the start to a GOOD year!! View attachment 25738View attachment 25739

Helluva view from your place. Really hoping tomorrow/Tuesday is just a minor setback. Indeed a great start!

drjeff

Helluva view from your place. Really hoping tomorrow/Tuesday is just a minor setback. Indeed a great start!
Thanks Greg! To say that my wife and I weren't sold on the unit about 5 seconds after we saw the view when we 1st walked in there with the real estate agent almost 14 years would be a lie!

Still to this day, no matter what season it is, or often even what time of day it is, my family and I often just stop and stare out the windows at the mountain in awe of the view and count our blessings