• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Big storm coming???

tnt1234

No. Trail count doesn’t matter after a 2 foot dump. Cut it out with the trail count bs

Only reservation on this is, how much did Platty really get? they are saying 12-18. 12" on bare ground...I don't think that's enough to call it all open..A trail count would give us a little idea of what's rally happening there...Bell seems to have scored a good bit more, and we saw pics of everything in play.

Hunter looks like they groomed everything already, and will be a zoo.

Bell might be the best best for some good skiing....

We'll see!

Cornhead

Lots of fun to be had at bell with snow, that’s for sure.
Fur sure, even the trails are fun! And I think I waited two gondola cars at most. Most runs were straight on, no waiting, on a two foot bluebird powder day! Glad it was a weekday storm. Glad I was able to take off work. I have a habit of making it to work when most people don't, and somehow being "sick" the next day.[emoji16] If I were more ambitious, I could've even gotten a couple hours storm skiing in at Greek as I left work at 11:30 Monday. No regrets.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using AlpineZone mobile app

camberstick

Bell was sooo fun today. Ropes were dropping mid morning and the last of the leftover chowder was tasty. Snow below the top head wall got pretty heavy after lunch where ungroomed.

JimG.

Staff member
Belleayre was awesome today. My rock skis never left the car really enjoyed my first day on the Kore 105's. Skied pretty much everywhere and the place was empty. Still fresh lines to be found after lunch ended the day without a scratch on my skis. Some pics:

124195.jpg
124194.jpg
124193.jpg
124192.jpg
124191.jpg
Lot's of snow a little dicey in spots and some open water in trees still but what a day.

Bandit2941

Thanks for the pics JimG. Looking like a couple inches for tomorrow so the weekend should be awesome.

On Monday patrol didn’t care about ropes at all. Might be different for the weekend but it’s not going to stop good skiers if the snow is good. I would expect more trails open like Seneca top, Onondaga to horseshoe to roaring brook, possibly RB from the top too.

I’ll be there Sat and Sun if anyone wants to meet up for a couple runs.

JimG.

Staff member
Looks like Scotty, Cornhead, Rambo and I will be there Sat.

Pretty funny you mentioned that patrol didn't care about rope ducking; the only person who did seem to care was the lift attendant at the top of Superchief who saw me duck into the top part of Belleayre glade and made a point of confronting me about it at the top of my next ride up. I had a hard time not laughing at him but I used the side entrance at the top of Wanatuska to silence him. Bonus was it allowed me to simply ski through to the top of Belleayre run so I got all of that goodness too!

Last edited:

tnt1234

Hoping the abundance of powder on the main trails keep people off cathedral brook and the trees surrounding it....

Wish tomorrow was saturday.

kingslug

A new plan for Saturday is brewing...
I'm in for Saturday..not in the mood for super zoo at Mt Snow..yet.
Hunter Sunday

Last edited:

tnt1234

What's the lodge situation this year? Is overlook still open for tickets? But doesn't sound like Lift 7 is spinning.

Rentals only down at discovery, right?

ScottySkis

Looks like Scotty, Cornhead, Rambo and I will be there Sat.

Pretty funny you mentioned that patrol didn't care about rope ducking; the only person who did seem to care was the lift attendant at the top of Superchief who saw me duck into the top part of Belleayre glade and made a point of confronting me about it at the top of my next ride up. I had a hard time not laughing at him but I used the side entrance at the top of Wanatuska to silence him. Bonus was it allowed me to simply ski through to the top of Belleayre run so I got all of that goodness too!

Definitely on Friday
And most likely Saturday
First real ski day for me tomorrow and Saturday