Big storm coming??? - Page 14

AlpineZone

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirbannedalot View Post
    You said Belleayre should be forced to give all their snow to platekill. I asked why why would you want to give away the snow from the mountain that you have a pass at to a mountain you don't have a pass at?
    That was a joke
    And I actually did not another AZ members did
    It was funny

Quote Originally Posted by Cornhead View Post
    Ha, we skied from 9:30 - 2:30, I'm toast. I kept telling myself all those chunky groomer days in November were preparing me for powder...they weren't. I'm just fat and old.
    Well I'm glad you got a great day in. Hopefully we cross paths some time this year. Seems like we keep missing by a day.

The ride home yesterday at 230 was a breeze..I though it woukd be a shitshow but it was fine
    Lets go!
    I'll drive.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottySkis View Post
    That was a joke
    And I actually did not another AZ members did
    It was funny
    No but, you agreed.

My back..well..thats a shitshow..everything was bumped up after a while..and by 230..i was toast..but good toast
    Lets go!
    I'll drive.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirbannedalot View Post
    No but, you agreed.
    It Doesn't really matter
    I done a answer questions.
    If u did your research like u say u know who said
    Who cares it was a fucken joke by another member that I didn't reply about at all to u bring it up

Quote Originally Posted by JimG. View Post
    Typical house stuff...no biggie. The vent has been getting a little loud so I'm not surprised it gave up.

Somethings going on at Belle and I suspect it's Bruce Transue. I think he was sent to Belle by Hunter to screw things up. Frankly his season opening strategy (if you can call it that) is awful. And his bump (or more accurately no bumps) policy stinks. They have devoted zero snowmaking to steeper terrain and just blew some snow on upper Wanatuska a day or two ago. One lousy half black diamond trail open and if you want to ski it you then have to take Iroquois Road back to the bottom of the gondola.

Really just totally pathetic. And now they're going to waste this 23" snowfall because it fell mostly on dirt. I was thinking of going there tomorrow but now I think I will go to K for 2 days Wed Thurs.
    "No Bump policy " Have to wonder if that is a dollar and cents issue vs safety thing . I would wager more people get seriously injured on groomers vs bumps .

It takes less base to support a groomed trail vs a mogul run . Keeping base under the trough is key to prevent the sun from melting out the trough .
    Groundhog day lets go skiing !

Quote Originally Posted by kingslug View Post
    The ride home yesterday at 230 was a breeze..I though it woukd be a shitshow but it was fine
    Lucky you! I left Wilmington at 4:30 and it was mostly blizzard driving on the NY Thruway. Luckily not many cars out. Shockingly I only saw one accident the whole way home, 18 wheeler off the side of the Thruway.

well, time to get serious about where to ski saturday.

Coming from NJ. Bell and Hunter are 2-3/4 to 3. PLatty is 3-1/4-3-1/2. I usually don't day trip platty.

Kind of feel like Hunter has the where with all to expand trail count for the weekend, and maybe even open the new stuff, which I haven't skied.

I like Bell a lot better, but sounds like they are slow playing expansion, and I'm thinking the poachable trails will be a little skied off by Saturday.

If I knew platty would have a few steeps open, I would probably go up friday night and ski there saturday.

Votes?

Im thinking mt snow..hotel..then hunter..hunter on a saturday...especialy this saturday will be a zoo..Bell trail count is pretty low. Platt woukd be the best to avoid crowds..depends on their trail count..
    Lets go!
    I'll drive.

Thread Information