• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Big storm coming???

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
This has Southern Vermont written alllll over it.... (and Catskills). Looks like there'll be a widespread foot+ of snow banding West-East somewhere North/South 50 miles along the Mass Pike. Hopefully Berkshire East or Jiminy Peak decides to go to full-time operations this coming week. Looks like one of them could be the jackpot.

Oh man...people are gonna wake up to forecasts for "up to a foot of snow" AND it'll be Black Friday. Hysteria will be at an all-time high in Connecticut tomorrow.

MommaBear

We have renters this weekend (Mt Snow) and I am headed back up Sunday to clean. Guess I will just have to hang around and enjoy Monday!

bdfreetuna

Question: Wind looks like a possible issue on Monday. Am hoping to do some powder/storm skiing with my wife at Mount Snow. I'm guessing they'll shut down the blue bird and run something else. South-east winds tend to mess with lifts.

Also keeping an eye on Berkshire East if they look ready to drop ropes

MommaBear

Question: Wind looks like a possible issue on Monday. Am hoping to do some powder/storm skiing with my wife at Mount Snow. I'm guessing they'll shut down the blue bird and run something else. South-east winds tend to mess with lifts.

I was surprised the Blue Bird ran on Thanksgiving - the wind was crazy! But I have no idea what direction it was technically blowing. NorthFace was on wind hold all day thou.

ghughes20

This has Southern Vermont written alllll over it.... (and Catskills). Looks like there'll be a widespread foot+ of snow banding West-East somewhere North/South 50 miles along the Mass Pike. Hopefully Berkshire East or Jiminy Peak decides to go to full-time operations this coming week. Looks like one of them could be the jackpot.

Oh man...people are gonna wake up to forecasts for "up to a foot of snow" AND it'll be Black Friday. Hysteria will be at an all-time high in Connecticut tomorrow.

CBS This Morning just did the national weather forecast, they singled out Stratton as getting 22" out of this storm, the most in the NE. That means good things for Magic, Bromley, Snow, Okemo. Also, should be cold next week. Big trail expansion coming!!!

bdfreetuna

CBS This Morning just did the national weather forecast, they singled out Stratton as getting 22" out of this storm, the most in the NE. That means good things for Magic, Bromley, Snow, Okemo. Also, should be cold next week. Big trail expansion coming!!!

Looks like it shifted a little north. Less snow for Connecticut and more for VT/NY/NH. Nice way to start December!

Zand

Was thinking K on Tuesday myself...but if Stratton jackpots and the woods are skiable I'd go there.

Edit...or magic if they opened somehow.

bdfreetuna

Was thinking K on Tuesday myself...but if Stratton jackpots and the woods are skiable I'd go there.

Edit...or magic if they opened somehow.

I called Berkshire East, they said check back but probably open on Monday. Should be a rope drop fest.

BenedictGomez

I'm now trapped in Vermont & wont be coming home until Tuesday morning now.

At least I'll be able to pass people on a double-yelllow line.

kingslug

At Hunter..bailed today..sheety ice and the 6 is closed..wind.....what wind??
And its not snowing yet...oy

Last edited: