Opinion: Best run(s) at Sugarbush

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Opinion: Best run(s) at Sugarbush

Post your favorite runs at Sugarbush here:

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

I would say my two favorites are Semi-Tough and Lower FIS at Mt. Ellen. Many people donít like L-FIS because of the runout, but I love how tucked away it is from the rest of the mountain.

My favorite is Rumble and the woods just to the left of Paradise.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonyr View Post
    My favorite is Rumble and the woods just to the left of Paradise.
    Nice, my goal this year is to ski Liftline. It doesnít look to difficult (possibly easier than CR run). Paradise is also on my list of trails that I want to ski.

Lower Birdland is a blast.

So many options. All depends what you are looking for. Here are some of my favorite on map options.
    1. Spillsville, normally first natural bump trial in NE to open.
    2. TTB Jester, Valley house traverse, snowball to lower snowball. When of my families favorite.
    3. Going to castlerock, great warm up run is Domino shoot, domino, lower domino
    4. skiers left on Sunrise
    5. Lower FIS, one of my favorite runs at Ellen. Not many people because of the run out
    6. Black Diamond, same pitch as FIS, holds the snow much better
    7. Semi-tough

Quote Originally Posted by Slidebrook87 View Post
    Nice, my goal this year is to ski Liftline. It doesn’t look to difficult (possibly easier than CR run). Paradise is also on my list of trails that I want to ski.
    You definitely have lot to learn if you think Lift Line is easier than Castlerock Run

Quote Originally Posted by WWF-VT View Post
    You definitely have lot to learn if you think Lift Line is easier than Castlerock Run
    The reason I think that is because itís not as moguled up as CR run and it is clearer.

Quote Originally Posted by nhskier1969 View Post
    So many options. All depends what you are looking for. Here are some of my favorite on map options.
    1. Spillsville, normally first natural bump trial in NE to open.
    2. TTB Jester, Valley house traverse, snowball to lower snowball. When of my families favorite.
    3. Going to castlerock, great warm up run is Domino shoot, domino, lower domino
    4. skiers left on Sunrise
    5. Lower FIS, one of my favorite runs at Ellen. Not many people because of the run out
    6. Black Diamond, same pitch as FIS, holds the snow much better
    7. Semi-tough
    Good list. Iíve never skied Spillsville or Black Diamond. Looks like quite the trail!! I may get around to skiing Upper FIS this year, but it kind of scares me, not gonna lie.

Quote Originally Posted by WWF-VT View Post
    Thought the exact same thing...

The reason I think that is because it’s not as moguled up as CR run and it is clearer.
    It generally is quite moguled up. Not sure what you mean by clearer. It is certainly rockier (with rocks often poking through particularly the top 1/3 or so). And certainly much steeper than CR run.

Good list. I’ve never skied Spillsville or Black Diamond. Looks like quite the trail!! I may get around to skiing Upper FIS this year, but it kind of scares me, not gonna lie.
    Before even thinking about Lift Line you should probably do Spillsville, Black Diamond, and Upper FIS. If Upper FIS scares you, definitely make sure you tackle that fear before hitting Lift Line.

Thread Information